YARNO OUT.........SEARELS IN

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

We will have to forgive him for being an Auburn War Eagle/Tiger ;)

Welcome !!!!

Hopefully our boys can stay healthy for him...

3. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Seems like a good hire

On paper it looks like a good hire. Our pass blocking needs some work and this guy might be just the trick.

4. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I agree. I thought we were much more physical in Saban's first year than the past two.

5. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

well I guess Turnaround is fair play.....

we got a coach who coached there a few years....and we turn around and gave them Esminger for OC....I honestly hope he does well, and I wonder how the Aubies feel about a Louisiana native and LSU quarterback as their new OC??? honestly I watched a few West Monroe games this year, and he didn't impress me that much with his playcalling but then again WM isn't exactly a passing team, when its usually fullback up the middle or option left or right.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Ensminger gives Auburn an insider into the fertile recruiting ground of West Monroe HS. They crank out HS ALL Americans every year and have a pipeline to LSU, giving us Rodney Reed, Brady James, and Andrew Whitworth among others. Auburn would like to intercept some of those players.

Also Ensminger has a son who's a QB prospect at WMHS, guess who will have the inside track on his recruitment next year?

7. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I don't believe that to a certain extent...

West Monroe, and the entire Monroe area will remain a Tiger Pipeline to LSU...Emsinger will not have that much impact in recruiting I don't believe, yes his son will more than likely go to Auburn, but his son is a qb, and West Monroe trys to run the Nebraska style option. I don't know shreveport will always feed the Texas Universities, but I just believe the whole Monroe area is LSU ground. I believe if we ever get New Orleans to be LSU ground again, then we will be set in recruiting for years to come. so this hire by auburn really shouldn't affect us. I mean Look at us and look at Auburn. that is like trying to compare a Ferrai to a VW Bug.

8. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I heard on the radio yesterday (for what that's worth) that his son is only a soph and will be moving to Auburn and going to Auburn High....if true then doesn't matter.

Also, Ensminger wasn't even the OC at W Monroe he was the QB coach....imagine that a HS with enough coaches to have someone not have to be OC and triple/double as RB,QB,OL coach.

9. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

NOOOOOO!!

He did not Coach the QBs he Coached the WRs

10. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

AND

He was only there for 4 months so I dont think any big Auburn War Chicken Recruiting is going to happen at WEST MONROE. Hell Arkansas recruits this area and they dont even get very many out of Monroe and West Monroe all the Big Boys go to LSU.