Yesterday....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 10, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

my LSU fandom needs to be revoked. Yesterday was the 8th anniversary of the Bluegrass Miracle, and I completely forgot.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

You know I missed that play.
    When UK scored at the end I got really mad and threw my remote into the wall (True Story). My wife had already left to go outside and work in the yard saying "You are an idiot and take this way to seriously" so after UK scored and threw the remote into the wall and turned the TV off and went outside complaining, etc etc. Like we always do.
    Worked in the yard for an hour or some bitching and whining about LSU losing to UK. and I went inside and there was 15 messages on the machine. I hit play and heard all the "OH MY DID YOU SEE THAT" etc etc.
    Turned on ESPN and saw the highlight and said "Geez I missed it"

I am ashamed to admit that but that is the truth, I didnt see it live because I was weeding the flowerbed swearing off watching LSU football every again and the typical knee jerk reactions assuming we had lost.

3. LaSalleAve

that's a great story, sorry man. I can only remember feeling like that twice. Once this year against Tennessee, and in 02 vs. Kentucky. Complete and utter sorrow, to jubilation in a matter of seconds. And poor Tennessee and Kentucky fans felt the opposite.

4. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

That is a great story....I could never forget where I was at that time. This play was special to me for a couple of reasons.....
    1. Because I'm a huge LSU fan
    2. Because my younger brother Graduated with Devery Henderson who is from My highschool alma mater, I got to follow Devrey through his highschool career and knew he was special(i even knew that he would not make it as a running back because of the way he was used in high school)

....anyway, I was sitting in my recliner watching....sick to my stomach that we were about to loose...watching the kentucky players soak there coach i gatorade....when Herb drops back unleashes one...tipped up by clayton.....then bobbled into the hands of devery...sprinting into the enzone running through kentucky fans....never forgetting the look on the kentucky fans face!! I flew out of my recliner yelling...."oh my god....did that just happen?" It's still clear as if it happened yesterday!!!!

5. LaSalleAve

remember the cow dude?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

PTI showed the play yesterday and commented that Miles isn't the only coach who was lucky at LSU. Wilbon then commented he didn't understand how Saban is called good but Miles is only lucky. Miles is getting some love since the Bama beat down.

7. LaSalleAve

Saban has also been on the ass end of 2 end game gaffes also. Remember Arkansas that same year? and Iowa? Oh how quickly people forget.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

All my troubles seemed so far away...

1 person likes this.
  9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

A friend of mine works customer support for AT&T (then Cingular), so he takes support calls from all over the country that get sent to Baton Rouge. A few years ago he took a call from a lady in Kentucky about a problem with her phone. After my friend helped her with her problem they started making small talk and she asked "Where are you located?" My friend said "Baton Rouge, I went to LSU."

All of a sudden she gets real quiet and suddenly says "I can't stand you Baton rouge people, after what yall did to my son." Turns out it was Tie-Guy's mom and he was some frat guy at UK.

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

To be honest I have almost felt cursed because of that play.
    We seem to lose several last second long TD pass games now.

Arkansas two years ago was another, last second TD to lose..

We have suffered several since then (Iowa, two Arkansas games)