You are a little cocky

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Beaver, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Beaver

Beaver Freshman

I have seen some very cocky posts. Not all. I don't think we will win but I think we have a chance and will cover the spread. I realize you have a great D but we are not so bad on D. I think our D will be better than you think and will keep us in the game. Unlike LSU, we don't get the blue chippers. We get kids with heart that grows into real talent. Don't get me wrong, LSU players have heart as well I'm just saying we can’t get the big names. I know our team pretty well and here is where the game will be decided. O-Line and our QB's head. Our O Line seems to be pretty good but we are thin at depth and they are unproven. Our QB has the "potential" to be a great NFL player. I don't use that word very often for OSU QB's but he could come in and throw for 350. It's a stretch I know but I really have seen the talent from him. We have NEVER had a QB like him before, Hiesman winner Terry Baker was not to bad for OSU. Everything I have seen in practice this year as opposed to others says he is on his game. You rattle him early and it may be over. Let your players do the talking, and then I'll be a believer. Good Luck (no wait, we need that) May the weather be cool. www.2getbroadband.com

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

You'd be cocky if OSU won a NC

LSU will take your team very seriously ... they've already started planning for the game for almost a week now ... there are too many mismatches between the teams for OSU to have a chance ...

covering the spread is another thing

Any spread short of 24-27 points on this game is lame ... current spread of 17 is way short of that required to prevent an early cash in for the LSU "Players". Cocky ... you betcha ... with eyes wide open for $$$$$

so, you think OSU can stop the LSU rushing attack ... THAT sounds cocky to me especially with that D-line :wink:

3. Beaver

Beaver Freshman

RB for LSU

I agree with your RB's being able to rush against us. We need lots of LB help to make it work. What is your strength there, the O Lind or the talent at RB?

4. BB

BB Founding Member

I think these will both be our most obvious strengths in this game - this O-line is one of the best in the business in my opinion and Justin Vincent just keeps on rolling.

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

O-line & RB positions are Top 5 in America

That should answer the question.

LSU's offense matured late last year and exploded for a NC.

This season, they look to pick up where they left off ...with little lost from last year and the best O-line ever at LSU.

OSU won't stop the running game, even with 8 or 9 in the box.

DA won't pass for 350 yards ... lucky to get 150 ... pressure and heavy hits early will happen because of our blitz schemes and awesome speed ... folks say he gets rattled and out of sync when he takes hits ...

not good for OSU as he will be hit hard, early and often

6. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Beaver, I think while you may see that some of the fans are a bit "cocky" about the upcomming game, in 2 weeks you will see that the actuall team and staff are taking this one very seriously. That is the wonderful thing about this coaching staff we have. They treat every game as if it's the most important of the season because at that point in time, it is. No future nor past games matter. As Coach Saban says, "As of right now we're a 0-0 team...". That pretty much describes where their mind is.

While I recognize that your defense was ranked 4th in stopping the run last year, and ranked I think 7th in pass defense... I'm not quite sure any of your previous opponents have shown you what you will see.

That being said, good luck in 2 weeks...

Geaux Tigers!!

7. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

RB, O-Line and our defense. We've got a senior QB who I think can lead our team. We've got one of the best defensive backfields in D-1. We have speed everywhere.

Run outside... They're there.
    Run up the middle... Seriously, try to run up the middle.
    Throw deep... Let me introduce you to Laron Landry
    Your #1 and #2 WR?? Say hi to Corey Webster and Travis Daniels.

It's not cocky, is self assured.

This team faced the "so called' greatest NCAA football team ever in the Sugar Bowl and shut them down. Granted we lost a little on defense, but don't... actually, go ahead and count on our Defense being a step behind. :D

There's no reason to hate on Oregon St. They were the only ones to raise a hand when the offer was made. I wish it would have been a home/home but it wasn't to be. Let's get ready for the game, and if you're down here for it, expect to eat well and be called "Tiger Bait". Contrary to popular (Aubarn) belief, we do not murder innocent children or beat up senior citizens for "fun".

8. Beaver

Beaver Freshman

How is your QB?

Good? OK? Can he pass if we stack the box? I think we can slow your RB enough for our LB's to get to him. We had the best RB in the nation last year and teams stacked the box. We HAD to pass and did. Your O Line is much better than ours and as I have learned over the years, the WR, RB, and QB get the pub, O and D line wins the game.

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

No, not for fun. But if ya throw me a 12 pack I'll think about it....Or only if they deserve that treatment...

:grin:

:tigerhead :geaux: :tigerhead

10. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Are you listening to this guy

He doesn't know teams can have the TOTAL package :hihi:

cuz they play USC .... with a good run-stop dee BUT POROUS SECONDARY

Just watch the game ... You'll see a smothering front 4 on dee ... blitzing LBs and Safety ... and the best secondary in America ...

forget what you think you know about USC and trying to compare LSU's dee to them

33-6 ... only because Saban WILL NOT run a score up and will substitute freely after a 3-TD lead