You can book it:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Sep 20, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Tennessee will leapfrog over the Tigers in the poll if ESPN's halftime show is any indication. They show Mich, the KState highlights then UT/FL then LSU/GA. Before the highlight was over Trev Alvert only wanted to talk about the TEnn/FL game. Then they went to the Gameday crew and gave Mauck a few props then were all over how great Tennessee's defense was today. It'll take a while to bring them around but we will. :geaux:

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

SabanFan, that would truly be a travesty. But I agree with you. It probabbly will happen.

3. txtigerfan

txtigerfan Freshman

Have to agree with you. The national media has never given the Tigers the respect they deserve, have always looked down on the boys from Baton Rouge.

Go Sabans Sultans of speed

4. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Likely to happen. All anyone wants to talk about is TN/FL on every show I've seen.

Still going to have to work for respect. When I got home I talked to one of my friends. First thing he said was "did you see the TN/FL game? It was great!". I asked what he thought of the LSU/GA game. "Oh, I saw that was on, but didn't interest me."

5. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

Ya'll certainly deserve your props. The BIASED media idiots and poll voters haven't figured out what the Florida fans have, our coaching staff is HORRENDOUS. So friggin' what if UT beat UF, our coaching is Pop Warner caliber.

UT and Fulmer FINALLY beat a Florida team that is a SHADOW of it's former self, WHOOP-DI-DO. Friggin' Jimmie Kimmell could come in and coach UF better. So ya'll don't get too pumped up when you beat our a$$es in a few weeks.

Don't pay those idiots any mind, take care of business and beat the ranked opponents and you can't be denied. They never gave Florida all the respect we deserved in the 90's because so many of those biased media idiots HATED Spurrier and UF.

But Spurrier won and they can't ignore wins baby. You think they wanted us in that 96' Sugar Bowl? A few teams lost and we handled our business and got a rematch for the National Title. They were all praying we would lose to F$U.

The SEC is depending on the Tigers to go all the way and represent us well. UT is overrated.

Go SEC!

6. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

The great thing about the coaches poll is that the coaches vote, not the media.

7. louisianavol

louisianavol Founding Member

i dont believe so, i think yall might move up to 7 or 8 and us 9. yall beat a much better and higher ranked team than we did. we are still neck and neck!!!!!

8. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Of course. Every team that beats UF is.... :D :D :D :D

9. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

Southlink,

There you go again...

UGA and LSU aren't overrated. My point was the sportscasters with their "UT Lovefest" tried to make it out as though UT FINALLY beat a Spurrier era Gator team, and they didn't. They beat the worst Florida team in 14 years, so friggin' what. Wow, what an accomplishment.

LSU fans will certainly be glad when they beat us in a few weeks, but I'm sure the big upset win in 97' when we were ranked #1 means more. Who cares if you beat an unranked team, and Florida will be unranked when LSU and UGA both beat them.

Florida sucks this year and we still gave Top 10 Miami and UT a run for their money up until the 4th quarter. Both of those teams are overrated and will not make it to the Sugar Bowl. If Florida beats a rival, I want that rival to be at a 100% and at their best so there are no excuses.

10. L5UTiger

L5UTiger Founding Member

I agree with a Florida Gator!?!?

I really dont care if Tennessee is ranked ahead of LSU. I dont care if anybody is ranked ahead of LSU.

JUST KEEP FRIGGIN WINNIN', BABY!!!!

Do that, and it wont matter where anyone was ranked after week 4. Its a marathon, not a sprint.

I know its fun to talk about and all, but truly, what does it matter? If we dont lose we will be at the top, there is no way an SEC team goes without a loss and doesnt make it to a NC game, now all we gotta do is not lose any.;)