You won't believe this

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Mar 5, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Marshall backed out of the game with us and was trying to find a good non conference team to play at home on ESPN. I guess they could not find one. Instead of playing us they are playing conference foe Toledo on 9/12/03 at home. What a joke. They would rather play Toledo at home than us. The game against us would have helped them out. We were doing them a favor.
    Because of all this I say sever all ties with the MAC. Two backouts in two years. Last year it was Bowling Green.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

geez, that really irks me. I say let them have their high school game or whatever on Thursday or Friday. We will play on Saturday when all the other real schools do.

3. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

This brings up the question....

What does a contract mean these days?....Absolutly nothing. coaches don't honor them nor do the schools. whats the point.

I thought a contract was suppossed to make something guaranteed to happen....but i guess I am wrong.

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Is ESPN still going to air that game? Why would anyone want to watch that on a Thursday or Friday night? If it's Thursday, people will be watching "Survivor" or "Friends" or something. If it's Friday, there are more exciting high school games to go see...

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Actually, I think all along the intention was to put Marshall and one of it's conference opponents on TV in that spot. I don't think it was ever an attempt at getting an OOC opponent to come to Marshall for TV. It still begs the question of where does the ESPN powers that be buy their drugs? No one outside of Marshall and the opponent will watch the game. Stupid move by ESPN smart move by Marshall.......they at-least get a pay-day. I guess ESPN could have tried to put the LSU v Marshall game on TV. Give ESPN an ESPY on this one for "Bone-Head Play of the Year".