Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Your biggest childhood heroes

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

I was just reading an article on Michael Jordan and I was thinking to myself how much I idolized him as a kid. I have plenty of other athletes that I was a huge fan of: Ken Griffey, Jr., Mike Tyson, Larry Johnson (Hornets/Knicks), but all paled in comparison to my childhood hero, Michael Jordan.

Who are some of y'alls childhood heroes?
  2. TigersTailgating

TigersTailgating Waterford Lesticles

I played short stop growing up, wanted to be just like ozzie smith... never could pull off that back flip though. And I once met Bo Jackson when he played at Auburn, we lived in Anniston at the time. He signed my box of wheaties, but being a two sport stud in both the sports I played... he was my favorite.

Bo knows... it all.
    Cajun Sensation likes this.
  3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I was a big A's fan growing up and my favorite players were Dave Stewart and Dennis Eckersly. I loved the way Stewart would stare through batters, and nobody could hit the Eck in the 9th inning.

In football I really loved the the Dome Patrol, especially Sam Mills. I got to meet him, Dalton Hilliard, Ricky Jackson, and Eric Martin several times becasue they played golf in Houma and would eat at my Mom's cousin's restaurant.
    Cajun Sensation likes this.
  4. TigersTailgating

TigersTailgating Waterford Lesticles

The Bash Brothers were fun to watch too... Canseco and McGwire were a pitchers nightmare back in their A's days. Rickey Henderson (sp?) was fun to watch stealing bases too.
  5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Dalton Hilliard was my first hero and the perfect bridge to being a huge LSU and Saints fan.

Others included Will Clark, Charles Barkley, and Tommy Hodson.
  6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos I'm self-smart

Toss-up between The Fall Guy & Magnum PI
    KyleK and TigersTailgating like this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger Kenny HIlliard, Beast

Born in New Orleans in the early 60's, so in sports, my heroes were Pete Maravich and Danny Abramowicz. Life in general, it was Neil Armstrong.
    KyleK and Cajun Sensation like this.
  8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

There were a few shows that I watched as a kid very often (such as The Fall Guy) that I don't remember what the basic theme was about. I can really only remember the opening song and intro to The Fall Guy now.
  9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos I'm self-smart

The Fall Guy was a stuntman/double for celebrities who were filming movies or whatever. But he always ended-up getting tangled-up with bad guys and would help bring them to justice.

Heather Thomas was also a nice addition.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'll never forget being at an LSU basketball game when I was a kid and my Grandpa god rest his soul, pointing out Dalton Hilliard a few seats away from us and stopping him and talking to him for about 15 minutes. Dalton was a very nice guy.

Anyway, my childhood heroes were John Elway and Steve Largent in football, Yaz in baseball, and Flash Gordon.