Your grades for the game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 18, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Offense = C

Offensive line is still not playing well enough. Way too many runs for either no yardage or negative yardage and the pass protection is subpar at times as well. I think we have the running backs to excel, but not consistent blocking to allow for it.

Jefferson was better, but not satisfactory for what we need him to be going forward. He missed a fade route in the corner for an easy touchdown, throwing it way too early.

Defense = A

Even though we have yet to play a really good offense, I have now seen enough to know this defense will compete all year long against any offense. Sheppard is potential All-American and Claiborne had his coming out party. Patrick Peterson is the best college player in the nation. If there is a better defensive tackle than Drake Nevis, I'd like to see it. When you have an exceptional player at each level of your defense, you have a chance to be "special".

Special Teams = B

Would have been an A until the silly block in the back on the huge punt return.

1 person likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

B+ for the special teams. The block in the back was bs, but he still put himself in a position to get the call.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

First of all, TT 'missed' that fade route. Secondly, how in the hell is special team a 'B' because of that one play? Do you even watch the kick coverage? The one punt was perfect...and downed inside the 3. Oh, and Josh Jasper set an LSU record with 5 field goals, one over 50 that would've gone 60.
    -
    That penalty on ST was very questionable.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

No, the pass was thrown way too early.

I reserve special teams for an A if we have a return for a touchdown or a huge return. We did have a good kickoff return to start the game.

The coverage was excellent all night long.

Like I said, the block in the back was ticky tack but he did enough that the refs almost always call it and it wasn't necessary. So I had to deduct for that.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The pass hit him in the friggin hands.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I thought our special teams were stellar. Don't forget about that punt- we penned 'em deep and the block in the back may have been a penalty but he did all he could to pull up but was too committed to pull off completely.

7. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Granted, the O-line can be better. However, they can't be blamed completely with what has become some very predicatible playcalling with too many runs up the middle.

:geauxtige

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

son, you dont throw a fade late in the play so the CB can turn around and see the ball come out the QBs hands....

come on son.

1 person likes this.
  9. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

There was some Grade A Nevistation from LSU tonight.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah, I didn't think he gave 100% effort on the route. Should've caught it.