Your kids first game at Tiger Stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ARTiger, Dec 10, 2005.

1. ARTiger

ARTiger Founding Member

OK, time for everyone with kids to speak up. Try to put into words what it was like for you to bring your kid(s) to their first game at Tiger Stadium.

What game was it? What did they think? How big of a smile was on your face because you know it was great moment.

Living out of state I don't get to attend many home games. But last year when I brought my son to his first game I'll never forget that look on his face when we came out of the tunnel and he got to take in the glory that is Tiger Stadium. For me as a parent you can't put a price tag on a moment like that one.

Ever since that day he has been hooked on LSU.

We were able to make two games this season, Auburn and Arkansas and just had a great time each game. He even got the full hardcore tailgating experience for the Ark game.

Anyway, lets hear some stories.

Guess I'm feeling sentimental tonight. Damn, that Captian Morgan!!!

:geauxtige :geauxtige LSU! :geauxtige :geauxtige

2. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

i Have 3 kids 2 girls 8 and 6 one boy who is 2 (he is my avatar). I took my oldest to to a game at 6 years old and she loved it. I am Excited about taking my son to a game and letting him slide down the indians mounds on a box as my grandfather, my dad and i have done.... make me feel good everytime i walk to the top to think my grandfather also stood up there and watched his kids slide down.....

3. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

I took my 2 year old to the Appalachain St. game this year. He was well behaved, as long as he had some toys and snacks. We took some great pictures, and had the best time.
    [​IMG]

Not quite as fun as when I got to play with him on the hallowed ground of Tiger Stadium :hihi:

[​IMG]

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Bettr question.... What age would be good to bring your kid to his first game? I was 7 for my first game, and my oldest son will be 4 in March. Is that too young?

5. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

Nah... that's not too young. Bring him to a non-conference game, preferably homecoming.

6. ARTiger

ARTiger Founding Member

Good question. My son was 6 and really enjoyed himself. Some fellow fans even had him doing some "good" natured smack talking. :hihi:

For the Ark game I also brought my daughter who is 5. She was obviously not focused on the game itself but I think she had a good time overall. Had some pom-poms and cotton candy, etc.. to keep her happy. But the one thing she really enjoyed was the Band and the golden girls. She thought the halftime show was the coolest thing ever.

So to answer your question, I would say 6 - 7 is probably an ideal age. But hey, 4-5 isn't too bad as long as you don't mind them squirming around in the seats a bit. You know how that goes!!

7. ARTiger

ARTiger Founding Member

Those are great pics. On the field too, nice!

8. carsonin98

carsonin98 Founding Member

My son turns seven in two days. I will be taking him to his first game in Tiger Stadium next year. The MSU game (my dad is MSU season ticket holder so I figured it could be a family affair). I took him to several games this year and he did very well. And I do think this is the ideal age. I wish I could have made it to BR with him this year but every time I tried to get a room for a game, it seemed impossible.

9. WildcatMike

WildcatMike Founding Member

My daughter’s first game was in Commonwealth Stadium vs. LSU. The famous “Bluegrass Miracle Game!” She really enjoyed it. At that time, I believe she was 6 months old. She tries to go to at least 1-2 games/year. Had not had the opportunity to go to Tiger Stadium…that is a whole new ball game which may be a little over whelming to her. She did go to the Auburn game this year in Commonwealth Stadium and we had a bunch of Auburn fans sitting next to our season ticket seats I have to say, they were pretty classy and very understanding and patient with her crawing and jumping all over them. She also went to the UT game (fans ok, but a little more hostile but polite considering they were sitting in the UK section). Always get BBQ (Corkey's stand by my section) in her and she is golden and a champ for the whole game. It is all about the food! But she always tells me, “Daddy, can we go to the UK football game?” I really love that, it is a bonding time that I enjoy.:thumb:
    I am hoping next year, we will take her to the LSU vs. UK game (if wife allows me) in Tiger Stadium…We will have ½ UK and LSU gear on for that game…:lol:

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

My oldest is 17. I took her when she was 4 to an A&M game. I forgot the year...91 or 92. She was OK but no too into it. My son was 7 at his 1st game...La Tech a few years ago. He is 10 now and went with me to Appalachian State this season. When I first started bringing him to sporting events when he was 5...LSU baseball, NASCAR...he didn't really care too much for it but now he wakes up in the morning and watches SportsCenter instead of Spongebob. :thumb: We did go to a Kentucky game a few years ago...one of the few games where the Deaf Dome lived up to it's name and he talks about that one even today.

I brought my 4yo to the McNeese BB game Sat. He did OK for the 1st half but in the second he got bored and started trying to pick on his big brother. He got annoyed because he could watch the game with his little bro jumping in his face.