Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Zero Dark 30

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by TexasTigers, Jan 22, 2013.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Anyone seen this yet. My mother died so I was back in Baton Rouge for a month or so to help my father. Probably more detail than you are interested in.
    But I took my father to see it at that dumpy theatre on George Oneal (I grew up in White Oak Landing) and the demographic of Oneal lane has "changed" since I grew up around there. So Rave was checked off the list.

Anyway TMI.....

Movie was awesome. I was very worried about the Hollywood Liberal spin but it wasn't there. I think in edit they added one line about how Obama was smart and calculated but the bulk of the movie is about how the CIA found him and Obama had zero to do with it much to the chagrin of MSNBC and the Obama political spin machine.

The last hour is intense and the entire movie is really well done...
    Probably will make the Blueray purchase rotation when it comes ou.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Condolences TT, my best to you and your family.

As far as the movie goes, it was entertaining. I doubt it was a full account however. The woman in the movie reminded me of Claire Danes character in Homeland. I don't think it painted a nice picture of the CIA, but then again, that's almost an impossibility. But it was entertaining, and at times was intense.
  3. martin

martin Banned Forever

Loved the movie, love the CIA, love torture
    gyver likes this.
  4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Veteran Member

I actually liked the History channel version a little better. About half as long but more from the Seals point of view with more action. Also had the chick and her team but separate from each other. I did like the big explosions in Zero Dark 30.
  5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Sorry T T.....hope all is well

Going see it Thursday night......looking forward
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

Watched something on either History or A&E a week or so ago, wasn't a movie but more of a documentary type of thing. Laid it out pretty well. Said when it was go time the best estimate was 30-40% that he was there in the house. barry said he just put it at 50/50 and made the call. I will probably see it but not sure when.
  7. lsutiga

lsutiga TF Pubic Relations

Sorry to hear about your mom.

I plan to go see it. Dam sure won't be Thursday night.
  8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Had two dentist buddies of mine invite me to go last week......at 1 pm on thursday.

I should have been a dentist.
  9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali The Bionic Burro

Sorry about your mom.

I am fairly certain I invented the term "zero dark 30". Cannot speak for the movie, but my phonics powers are legendary.
  10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Veteran Member

:rolleyes: