Addai and Carey

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MaconGATiger, Nov 15, 2003.

1. MaconGATiger

MaconGATiger Founding Member

Survival of the fittest... whatever it takes to win... However you phrase it I still gotta feel a little bit sorry for these two. Sidelined by injury, upstaged by two (three if you count Edwards) freshman, and now basically without a starting job. Addai had some nice runs tonight but Broussard's power is amazing. Vincent speaks for himself.

Will Carey and Addai see much PT the rest of the season? I kind of doubt it.

2. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

Carey looks like he has a ways to go. He was very hesitant and didn't look comfortable at all. Addai didn't look bad but I believe our best backs are the freshman.

3. jeffoxiam

jeffoxiam Founding Member

Yeah, I feel sorry for them too. Sucks to lose your job like that, but Saban obviously feels the freshmen are better. Both of them had 5 carries in the game. I don't expect them to get any more than that per game for the rest of the year. Hopefully we'll find some other way to use these guys.

4. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

we need to play whoever is doing the best...screw upper classmen vs. lower classmen.

Broussard is a stud..runs very hard. Vincent is a faster, more finess runner. If we alternate them all game we will dominate.

5. I was surprised to see Shyrone used so sparingly tonight. I still think the healthy Shyrone from earlier in the season was the best rb we've had all year.

6. MaconGATiger

MaconGATiger Founding Member

What about Edwards? Redshirt? Saw him in one game, looked sharp. Only seen Vincent and Broussard since. I really don't understand all the ins and outs of redshirts so this may be a stupid question.

7. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Just think...next season we'll have FIVE top-flight running backs with game experience...

8. ramah

ramah Founding Member

AND a DOMINATING O-LINE

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Edwards was given the option of redshirting and chose not to. He has played on the kickoff teams and will have 3 more years of eligibility. I believe its unfair to judge Shy by tonight's game. He needs to have time to get his battle legs under him again. We haven't heard the last of him or Joe Addai.

10. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Saban and his crew are doing a great job of getting this talent. And the fans are doing a great job of showing up to support this program to get this talent to want ot play at tiger Stadium. Shy will be back and so will Joseph. It seems playing time will go to whoever has the legs for the night out of the 5. Seems to have worked great and all have different styles. Edwards is a great kid saying basicallly I just want to play.

"Ladies and gentelmen here come your LSU fightin Tigers" will be a great sound to here for many years