Another WMD conspiracy theory?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by phatcat, Mar 14, 2004.

1. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

Don't write off the Bush reelection campaign just yet. They've evidently still got a few tricks up their collective sleeves. Even though their lies about the existence of WMD in Iraq in order to convince congress to vote for the war looks like it has turned off America's voters, they obviously are still intent on making Every effort at turning this thing around. First came news in 2003 that according to a report posted by a 28-year veteran of the Defense Department (DoD), the Bush administration's assurance about finding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq was based on a Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) plan to "plant" WMDs inside the country.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_12-8-2003_pg1_9

Now comes news from a source inside the Iraqi Governing Council that "over the past few days, in the wake of the bombings in Karbala and the ideological disputes that delayed the signing of Iraqís interim constitution, there have been reports that U.S. forces have unloaded a large cargo of parts for constructing long-range missiles and weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in the southern ports of Iraq."

http://tehrantimes.com/Description.asp?Da=3/13/2004&Cat=4&Num=011

What do you want to bet that Fox News doesn't cover this story? I hesitated to post this because of the source, but you gotta admit, this is some pretty interesting reading, even if just for amusement purposes only. Looks like the rest of the world hears the really juicy stuff while we get stuck hearing on Fox about liars and crooks being incredulous about being called liars and crooks by John Kerry.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

the tehran times? you can't be serious. i mean seriously....the tehran times? you need to see a doctor.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Phatcat,
    You can't be serious?
    You'll quote our enemies propaganda just because you can't stand Bush :shock:

I was going to respond to our little thread going over at my thread but if going to quote stuff like this that speaks well of you and where you stand.
    I knew you were sick from some of the stuff you spewed on my thread!

End of Story...... :shock:

PS You do realize that Iran and Pakistan are our enemies? :dis:

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I guess next you'll be saying we're killing our own troops in order to cover up smuggling WMD's into Iraq to find at a later date and Bush can then prove he was right!

Right!

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Hey, "Filmmaker":

You do, of course realize that everything you post gives comfort to the sworn enemies of this country, don't you?. You post your spew, and guess what? They get on the internet just like you and I do, and they read it, and they see division. It's divisive flakes like you that show zero resolve to resist them and they view this as a sign of weakness...and this emboldens them.

Got news for you pal...they don't care what your politics are...in the final analysis, to them, you're just as much of an infidel as I am. The difference between us is that you're the one acting on their behalf as a "useful idiot".

7. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

8. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

WMD'

Guy's surely you haven't forgotten the democrat's montra. It doesn't matter if it's true are not, it's the seriousness of the charge. That is why we must have congressional hearings!!

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Mistake #1: Making Iraq the issue.

There are too many variables that will change between now and November. Any and everyone of them can affect the election's outcome. Just like in trial, you never ask questions you don't know the answer to.

Mistake #2: Economy.

The average American doesn't understand the deficit, care about the deficit or even know that there was no actual surplus, but only a projected surplus if the economy kept rolling the was it was. Greenspan had been telling people that it wouldn't last since it started when he expressed sadness in how people didn't save anymore. The unemployment rate is exactly where it was when Clinton was re-elected. The GNP is rising, which means that jobs will too, assuming that productivity doesn't keep rising. Either way, it's pretty much a given that the economy is going to improve, not decline netween now and November, barring another attack on the mainland.

10. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Wow, you have really uncovered something here Phatcat.. I mean, the ethics of a newspaper run by a Fundamental Islamic Government are in my opinion beyond questioning. To lie is forbidden by Allah, so I trust them. I mean, it's not like the Iranians have any interest in seeing Bush defeated, do they? They would never support our enemies, would they?
    Because all we care about is Oil and Haliburton and little black helicopters, and they are just the poor little oppressed good guys who our big-bully nation exploits for profit. And you know as well as the rest of us that the Iranians have a long tradition of fair and free press....

The scary thing is that there are many more people like you who would rather listen to the propaganda of our enemies than trust the words of our president, all because he doesn't share the same political views that you do. I mean, this is like posting something from the Berlin Times in 1942 that says that Roosevelt knew about Pearl Harbor and was trying to cover it up. A claim that would have gotten you laughed out of a room back then, but I guess that the system of brainwashing that is in place today in certain areas of our country were not in place until after the Vietnam War. (see California's Educational System or the LA Times for examples).

brainwashed
    adj : subjected to intensive forced indoctrination resulting in the rejection of old beliefs and acceptance of new ones