Anybody feel bad for Geno Oral-Enema?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Mar 27, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

My reply was solely to the comment about ESPN's love affiar with UCONN. Their love affair with Summit is simply much, much more apparent whether she deserves it or not., It's hard to tell there is even another coach on the floor when UT is playing.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I'm not sure if I could be more apathetic towards a "milestone" than this one...comparing Summit to Dean Smith is so foolish it hardly deserves comment.

And for the life of me, I can't figure out why the networks make such a big deal about the women's coaches at all. I guess since the product is so inferior, the only place to create any sort of interesting drama is between the "good cop/bad cop" coaches.

3. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Hey I happen to love layup drills and 3 pt shot clinics. . .

/sarcasm

4. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I just dont think the Summit thing is on the same level as that of Dean Smith. The womens game has not been competitive long enough. Thats just my opinion. I still think she deserves a lot of credit. Pat Summit is pretty much the face of Womens CBB. Still no where near the achievement of Smith.

5. NoLimitMD

Apparently this guy (Bob Woolmer, Pakistan's new guy) is the face of cricket. It matters about the same.

[​IMG]

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You are aware she only coaches women? :dis:

7. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

The landscape of women's basketball has long been dominated by Tennessee, who rolls up obscene records every year, no matter what. There have been periods when teams such as UCONN, LA Tech, Stanford, Vandy, Auburn, Texes Tech, LSU, Georgia, and others have made noise, but for the most part, women's basketball is very top heavy, with very few upsets, and UT seems to always be there, which is a tribute to Summitt. But what she has accomplished will never compare to Dean Smith, who always has had Duke, NC State, every other ACC team, UK, Louisville, Indiana, Syracuse, Goergetown, etal to compete with year after year after year.

Plus, Smith had to play fewer games per year against tougher competition in order to get to 880.

Summitt deserves credit for a great accomplishment, but don't be too quick to compare it to Dean Smith.

8. friday

friday Founding Member

whoa, whoa...never did I say that what she accomplished was greater than dean smith's accomplishments at UNC. I agree that the level of competition at the men's level has been far greater for many years. this discussion was about summit vs gino whathisface. nolimit/sabanfan - read my response carefully before you spew diarreah on that keyboard. again, no where did I compare summit and smith - I was just saying that summit derserves everything she's earned for her tremendous track record which is demosntrated by that milestone.

9. NoLimitMD

Friday, that wasn't directed entirely at you. The worship services taking place all over the sports media for Summit (and for Geno in past years) are what I was talking about.

And I'm sure many of you will disagree, but I simply don't see it as a big accomplishment. Kind of like the guy that builds the biggest rubber band ball. Sure, it's something to do and might be interestings for some, but it's far from noteworthy.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Summitt is a great women's basketball coach, but ESPN has alwys gone over board in their love for her and the way they dominate their broadcast towards her. Last year in the final four they showed Pokey about 5 times all game and Summit at least a hundred. That's foolish to me.