Barry Switzer-"LSU job better than Bama!"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MiketheTiger69, Jan 23, 2007.

1. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

In an article in this am's Daily Oklahoman regarding Bob Stoops candidacy for the Cowboy job, Barry discusses the pro vs college jobs. He states that "Because of leaving for the pros, Nick Saban left a better job at LSU than he's got at Alabama." He goes on to say, "IF Stoops goes to the Cowboys, there would be more people wanting the job he left than the one he took!"
    He also states that according to his sources in the Cowboys org., the chances of Jerry Jones hiring a college coach are "slim and none".

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

No kidding!

3. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

Barry was on the Ticket, (Dallas Sports talk radio) a couple of months ago and said that LSU was 1 out of 3 most coveted Collge Football coaching jobs in the nation!!!

:geauxtige :geauxtige
    :geauxtige :geauxtige

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Dude had the rep for havin' all the thugs on his teams, but he sure makes a lot of sense for someone who's been on both sides of the fence.

My favorite Switzer story was about the time that he was in Jamaica in the 70's for a college coaching conference. JoePa was there too.

They were around the pool one day when Barry was approached by a Jamaican farmer who was looking to unload his wares.

Barry said "Nah, dude, I'm set, but you see that guy over there (referring to JoePa, of course) - he's been out for a while and has been bumming off me. He REALLY needs some"

The dude approaches Joe Pa with the sales pitch and Switzer said that Joe Pa's eyes almost popped out of his head when dude was done.

Switzer said he had to leave he was laughing so hard.

GREAT STORY. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

5. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

I've heard him say that Texas and LSU are the two best jobs in the country.