Basketball 20-21

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Adam Miller looks good.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

last season the problem was transition defense and rebounding, and i think alot of that can be attributed to lack of speed and athleticism. javonte and thomas and watford were skilled ballers, but not hugely speedy above the rim leaping runners. they were expert scorers, but not outstanding athletes. none of them did an impressive dunk in their whole careers. its actually kind of amazing what a great offense they had with so few dunks.

now they have many fellas who can run back on defense, that wont be beat off the dribble as easily. now they have guys that will dunk it hard in transistion and get back faster.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

5DD595E4-5BB5-46A8-8B63-57026DCB4AEE.png

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the "strong ass offer" joke is one i foresee staying alive for a very long time. dullards are bad at making up new jokes

HoopHound likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

Did we offer him a Miller-ion dollars?

6. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Get your checkbook out and start changing things. Like it or not she is a great coach and should have been at LSU years ago.

kcal likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

change what? the reason mens soccer doesnt exist is because its illegal. i cant open my checkbook and fund it its title 9 stuff.

title 9 falsely posits that womens sports are equally as popular and therefore have to have equal scholarships. its false, men like sports much more. we dont artficially boost men in nursing, so why should we do it in sports?

Winston1 likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

Days coming back would be aight.

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I think it's more about equal opportunity than popularity, but...yeah, men like sports more, and women like men's sports more. It is pretty ridiculous. I'd be fine with it if football was excluded from the count.

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

https://247sports.com/Article/LSU-T...ers-NCAA-Transfer-Portal-Will-Wade-165066831/
    Josh Gray enters NCAA Transfer Portal

LSU center Josh Gray has entered his name into the NCAA Transfer Portal, 247Sports sources have confirmed. He spent just one season with the team.

A three-star prospect coming out of Brooklyn in the 2020 recruiting class, Gray chose to play for LSU over offers from the likes of Florida State, Georgia, West Virginia and others. But once getting to Baton Rouge, Gray struggled to find his fit in head coach Will Wade’s system. Gray played in just 10 games this season, averaging 0.8 points and 1.2 rebounds per game. He scored a season-high four points in November in a game against Southeastern Louisiana.

The writing was likely on the wall for Gray’s transfer, considering the players LSU is bringing in for its 2021 recruiting class. Wade has signed four-star center Jerrell Colbert out of Germantown, Tenn., and three-star center Bradley Ezewiro out of Oak Hill Academy to bolster the center position for next season. Whatever minutes Gray had this year were likely to drop next season.

lsu-i-like likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.