Brady deserves a big raise...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Apr 3, 2006.

1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

i can't believe people are still bashing brady

some people wouldn't know success if it hit them in the ass

3 SEC west titles...2 SEC champions 1 overall...1 sweet 16, 1 final four...3 SEC Player of the year...3 SEC freshmen of the year

brady makes a lousy 750k a year

gottfried at bama makes a million a year and our program is much better than theirs at this point

tubby smith...2.2 million...since his 98 title, he hasn't done anything in the tourney

BD makes 1.7 million....great run this year like brady but before this year he choked in every tournament too...so does he deserve ONE MILLION MORE than brady...probably better pay yes but not more than twice his salary

right now, brady wants 1.2 million...Tennessee's A.D. is about to give Pearl 1.3 to 1.5 million...ridiculous

brady deserves AT THE LEAST 1.2 million next year....IMO, he should get 1.3 to 1.5

:geauxtige

2. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

I agree, Brady needs a raise! Raise the trunk of his car........load it up and leave. Hows that? is it enough?

3. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

ha ha ha I think he deserves a big fat rail of coke and a bottle of jack. If I were he I would be faded by now. I say we pay him year to year until he proves he can keep these kids around for a year or two. The one senior we had on the team didn’t even show up in the last game however he was awesome against A&M.

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Brady is about to get a life-time contract from Skip. Hooray, just send Brady to whatever school would like to give him a good salary and let's hire a real coach who can recruit AND coach.

5. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

are u kidding? did u even watch the game? dmitch sucked the entire tournament including the aTm game...he made arguably one of the biggest shots in LSU history, but outside of that, he was very un-darrel-like

6. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I'm all about putting money into the program and facilities, but don't compare Brady to Saban please.

7. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I think is going to have to get a raise just by going to the final four, but saying they guy needs to increase his pay as much as you are saying is rediculous. He was on the hotseat with administration going into the season and now he's worth over a million?? LSU is cheap, they will pay him as little as they have to. What you are forgetting is that they coaches you mentioned are at schools that are comitted to winning basketball games. Florida is not a basketball first school, but they pump lots of money into it. Any coach at UK will make that much money. The coach at UK is a God. He is the big dog on campus. I don't know how we expect Skip to have a comittment to winning basketball games, when he doesn't even have a comittment to winning baseball games and he's a baseball guy.

8. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

You know.....we just lost a very, very embarrassing nationally broadcast game.....and Brady's airplane doesn't even touch wheels in Baton Rouge before he's demanding a raise. This tells me a lot about his character. Guys, he's still not a top notch coach. He's one very LUCKY coach that this crop of talent was grown in LSU's backyard. F#(% Brady......let him go.....
    After that dismal showing in the Final Four.....his real ability shined. So.....let.....him.......go.

I think there are other coaches that can do at least equal the job......without the $$$ demands. He's got to abide by the contract he signed. Prove it again next year.....then maybe we can talk about "you've earned it".

9. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

LSUstudent. I assume that you are very young and haven't tried to earn money yet. I assure you.....750k is not lousy. Especially when you are coaching basketball. I don't feel sorry for Brady. Not one bit. If he can't live on this salary, then he needs to quit paying for prostitutes.

750K is more than most doctors/surgeons make in a year. Do you think that is a fair comparison? Coaching basketball on the left.....Coronary artery bypass on the right......the scale tips to basketball as being more important and more worthy!!!! Whatever man.

10. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

in response to scrappy...

' Hear what you're saying (re: UK and Florida). Clearly Florida wants to win... that's why they went after Meyer and that's why they spend $4M per on basketball. Are they that much "hungrier" for championships than LSU? Or, that much richer?

But, you're telling me Brady should be paid less than Pearl, Gottfried, Stallings, Heath and Lebo? You're telling me Tennessee (men), 'Bama, Vanderbilt and Auburn are better basketball schools than LSU is? Last I checked none of the forementioned have even been to a Final Four.

It's a disgrace really, that Brady hasn't been paid more. What he's asking for now is fair, and I'm amazed "fans" are still complaining/debating this. Get the facts right!!!

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. RESTORE THE FAITH.