Can we get ESPN Gameday to Baton Rouge?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal, May 20, 2003.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I think the last time they came was before the historical defeat of #1 Ranked UF. Do you think we can get them to finally come back to town? We play some big time games at home against UGA, Auburn and Florida.

2. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I doubt it. There's always a few losers that want to throw things at them.

3. LSUTiger

LSUTiger Founding Member

that would be awesome if they would come back. i think a lot of it would depend on what other games are going on for the given weekend as well as how those teams were doing.

Then again because of the way they were treated by some fans, they may be hesitant to come back.

4. Richdog

I wouldn't call them fans. More like morons. Don't blame beer on their actions. I get just as drunk as anyone at the games, and never think about throwing things at people.

5. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

6. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

They will come...

if the game is big enough. I suspect only the Auburn game has that potential. I read the Herbsreit article too. He loves LSU! BTW, they put up a net behind them now so they won't get hit by flying objects!!:D

7. LSUTiger

LSUTiger Founding Member

Don't get me wrong I am not blaming the alcohol at all. Most of the people I know go to the games intoxicated. Not a single one of them has ever acted in that way.

And you are right, they are morons!!!

8. Richdog

I worded it wrong. I wasn't implying that you were blaming beer, I was implying that that's how the people that threw things would respond "well, I was drunk and not thinking correctly". I was drunk at that game too and didn't throw anything!
    I don't know anyone that goes sober!:D
    Kirk's probably scared to say anything bad about Tiger fans just in case they come back!

9. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

For the record, the golf ball incident took place during the filming of College Gameday, which airs from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. CST, well before the 6:30 kickoff of that game. Thus, I doubt beer was a primary factor in the incident.

10. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

You under esitmate some hardcore tailgaters. What about all the Bloody Mary's for breakfast? Nothing beats a Coors Light for breakfast either, HAHA