CFN Mock Draft: Only 1 Tiger in 1st round

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shel311, Jan 25, 2005.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Exactly...Mike Clayton has an instinct for the game. Mike Williams was way, way less recruited than Clayton out of HS too...Williams wasn't even a top 10 WR out of high school if I remember correctly..

Point is, if we went purely on 40's, Bennie Brazel(sp?) would be the top WR taken...

2. gzilla

gzilla Founding Member

Mike Clayton ran a 4.59.

Mike Williams is a very good WR.

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Mike Williams is maybe the best player in the upcoming NFL draft and I have no problem saying it.

I don't care if his 40-time is this or that....Jerry Rice had an average 40 time and so forth.

He has great hands, runs very good routes, and is physical as could be.

Put him on my team

4. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

Just remember one thing about all of these mock drafts: Many of these picks could change dramatically between now and April because the combine still has to take place. The combine can very easily boost or drop a players draft position significantly. Just think Devery last year. He was expected to go (if I recall) third at the very earliest. But, since he looked so good at the combine, he was drafted in the mid second round. Now the fact that it was the Saints who drafted him is a different story, but you still get my point.

5. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

How 'bout those guys at #4 and #5 :grin:

Personally, I think Ronnie Brown goes before Caddy and Caddy goes to Tampa Bay, not Brown.

6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

if Corey Webster were to get drafted by the patriots that would be amazing, imagine Randall Gay and Webster in the future starting at CB for the patriots....

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

yes but they should get credit for saying TB should take him at 15, and rothlesberger should go #1

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I'd draft Mike Williams.. have him add about 15 pounds, then play TE... he would be a great recieving TE. Imagine a safety or LB matched up on him. TE can be the most dangerous position on the field with a player like MW.

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I am not sure why you would want to add 15 pounds to the man. USC's web-site had him at 230 in his last year.

That is plenty good enough for me.

10. FortWorthTiger

FortWorthTiger Founding Member

I would be surprised if Spears slipped, but I wouldn't be shocked. He isn't a prototypical end and most GMs are more scared of making a mistake instead of having balls and grabbing a playa like Spears.