Coach Brady's letter in todays Reveille

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Feb 4, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Coach Brady wrote a letter to the students in today's reveille....
    Dear LSU Students, Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your enthusiastic support of the LSU men's basketball team this year. The atmosphere and excitement in the PMAC has been tremendous, and it's the student body that is the heartbeat of the life in that arena.
    As we move into the February portion of our schedule, I hope the students will stick with us and keep giving us the support and spirit that you've shown throughout the season. Please know that the players and coaching staff appreciate the passion you show for your school. You truly are our sixth man. Sincerely, John Brady. Head Coach, Men's Basketball

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah, but he's mean to his players.

3. DeathValley

Hey Bob Knight has done the same things to his players and he is going for win 800. I guess if you win, fans won't care about what he does to his players

4. DeathValley

Just recieved the same letter that was in the Reveille in my PAWS Email account. He is right, the students are the 6th man for the Tigers.

5. -T-

-T- Founding Member

Don't even start to compare Brady to Bobby Knight.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I just got the email too, when I saw my list of emails and one of them said "John Brady", I was a bit confused. I guess they are trying to make sure students show up for the South Car game tommorow night.

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

He's just practicing his writing skills....he's gonna need them. Next letter should go something like this:

Dear Mr/Mrs Athletic Director,

I am currently seeking employment as a Div I-AA head basketball coach. As you will see by my attached resume I got totally over my head in my prior post and feel I-AA is the right place for me. Although my prior 6 year record does not reflect it I am a quality and capable coach. Believe me....they did. I would be happy to meet with you to discuss my qualifcations, or lack thereof. Regardless, I need a job. I've got a hot co-ed down here on the bayou that I have to continue to support.

If you would like some references I will require a $500 up front payment so I can get someone to say something good about me.

Sincerely,

JB
    aka Chipmunk

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Chances are his secretary wrote it but I think that it is great and the students will be out to support the team. I'm just pissed off I didn't get a letter in my PAWS account. Maybe he's only trying to suck up to the students that don't go to games to try and get them to come out.

When's the last time any other LSU head coach wrote a letter to thank the students for their support?

And Hub I think the personal attacks on our current coach is a little low. It's fine if you dislike him and say so, but criticizing his appearance and personal life is dirty. It's fine to make fun of Tubby's ears but not one of our own.

9. DeathValley

Not sure how many coaches would have done this. I have gone to the games and I will go to the rest and support the team. I will support Brady until the school tells me I can't(He gets fired). I don't think any students bash Brady. Well at least if they do they still go out to the PMAC to attend the games and support the TEAM. Yes I said Team. You don't have to like Brady to support the team. Like I have said before, I bet the players feels like sh*t coming out to play in front of 8,000 fans. 3/4 of them are the students. They probably think we don't care what they do and from what I am getting on this board I feel most "So Called LSU Fans" don't. We play Arizona and draw a sad crowd of around 9,000 people. I guess I must face the reality that we have very fairweather fans. Once we win a couple of games there will be a slew of fans jumping back on the bandwagon.
    GEAUX BRADY BALL

10. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I don't discriminate ;)

And don't give me this crap about LSU loyalty. I did my time at LSU just as you are now and have earned the right to say what I please....and continue to earn it with the money i fork over every year. I've supported Brady since he got here. But as you've probably noticed over the past couple weeks i've changed my thoughts about him.....and might change them back....but i doubt it. he has lost this team it is obvious in their play....and i don't see an end to this futility. But i will be their tomorrow night and every game thereafter.