Dandy Don= lack of info,fundraising and re-reporting Advocate News

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jeffinbama, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

Is is me or does Dandy Don's lack of real inside information that we clamor for just rub you the wrong way? We all are on these boards looking for information about our beloved Tigers. I have found that he is a day late and a dollar short on most information that has already been reported. I also feel he is a pot stirrer with no information to back it up. His fortay is supposed to be recruiting.. He puts on his site that our Bball team does not have a top 20 class and then a day later it is rated 4th in the country by a service. Me thinks Dandy is getting fat and happy with all his fundraising and has resided to reporting day old news that none of us get very excited about... I used to look forward to visiting his site daily, now it is a bunch of regurgitated newsprint.

1 person likes this.
  2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Could it be you have just become 'net savy and know where to look for the info you want...vs, what he provides?

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

From what I understand, he has a pretty good inside line with information and undoubtebly can't print everything he knows. He visits with the potential recruits, attends practices, and has a good relationship with the coaches. Hadn't had the time to read his site very often in the past several months but he's a good guy and tries to get informatinon for LSU fans. :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Who gives a flying ****? He is a huge LSU fan whose passion is reporting LSU news and keeping a regularly updated website.

I tell you what I do get sick and tired of is people who come on here (it happens every couple of months) and bash Dandy Don because of something he posted or bash him in general.

If you don't want to use his news or think he is unreliable, STOP GOING TO HIS WEBSITE.

8 people like this.
  5. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

I like reading Dandy Don. He is a huge fan of the Tigers, he always has LSU's interest at heart. If you don't like his website or him, you are not required to visit his website nor donate any money to him. Why waste your time critizing a true LSU fan, when you could be doing something positive?

1 person likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's his Blog and he can have it his way. Vote with your keyboard and find another site if he upsets you. I like Don's site.

2 people like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I agree, DD bleeds purple and gold and does the best that he can. I also disagree with the day late stuff as well because I find him to be just as quick as Mike S on most occasions. He also provides his information for free and only asks for donations to help. Get off of DD's back.

1 person likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I guess it's jus you. :D :thumb:

9. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

I guess it is...

1 person likes this.
  10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Whoa... he doesn't have a relationship with the coaches or the athletic department at all. He only attends a select few practices (less than any of the other major media), and they are only allowed to view about 15 minutes of it anyway. He does contact recruits and get some info there, but it is only in-state recruits and rarely is there info that cannot be found on Rivals or Scout.

Now, I don't have a problem with Dandy Don. If people appreciate the info he provides, then fine, let them donate to his site.

1 person likes this.