DandyDon today/b-ball recruiting

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu99, Feb 14, 2003.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

DandyDon said if LSU signs Brandon Bass, Brady will have the #1 recruiting class in the nation. Is this accurate? Who else besides Tack Minor is coming in? Is Bass really that good? We sure could use a 6'8" PF next year.

2. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I think Bass is a 6' 8" power forward. not positive on his size. the class also has Lazare from BR Woodlawn, my alma mater, as well as some kid out of Kentucky whose suppose to be good and a kid out of some prep school in N Carolina...i think. the Kentucky kid, Bass and Minor are rated in the top 50 in the country overall.

3. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

The kid from Kentucky is the #1 rated player out of Kentucky. Probably wont be a #1 class but a top 5 is guaranteed.

Congrats to this coaching staff for their 1st class being in the top 5 in the country after being on probation. It shows kids want to come to play for LSU and this staff. Probation did exactly what it was supposed to.. destroy your program.

4. Ryan

Ryan Founding Member

If that's accurate, it will be very difficult to keep that Kentucky kid. Hard to believe the kid wouldn't choose Kentucky or Louisville. Personally, if I were a recruit, I'd choose LSU obviously, but if I was from outside of LA, I'd only consider 4 schools. Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, and Indiana. You'd like to be in a place where everyone's excited about basketball regardless if it's a down year.

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Hey Ryan

You left off Arkansas as a place where fans supports their team despite their lack of success this year. Just kidding but the Razorbacks do enjoy great fans support.

Here is a good article that describes our basketball recruiting class this year. Brady and Buch Pierre have done an outstanding job indentifying and recruiting talent.

http://www.theadvocate.com/stories/021503/lsu_brady001.shtml

6. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

the kid for ky already signed a loi in the fall signing period, so he can't leave unless he sits out a year.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

"That Kentucky kid" may be Mr. Basketball in Kentucky this year. Some players really want to get away from home to go to college, including the top player.

LSU took Kenny Higgs and Rudy Macklin out of Kentucky under the same circumstances.

Happens all the time.

8. Ryan

Ryan Founding Member

1. Very good to know that he's already signed his letter of intent.

2. I understand he may be Kentucky's Mr. Basketball, which makes his signing that much more precious. If you live in Kentucky, you're Mr. Basketball in Kentucky and you got Kentucky and Louisville in your backyard, then I'd assume you'd definitely geaux to one of those schools, especially after this season, especially Kentucky. I like Louisville, they're a great team, but when you watch Kentucky play this year, you say "damn, they're everywhere" consistently. Very good news that he's coming to Baton Rouge.

9. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

If he stayed in Kentucky (either UofL or UK) there would be intense scrutiny on him. The attention on the UK basketball program could be the brightest of any sport at any school. There were some calls for Tubby Smith's head last year and that team made the Sweet 16. So there may have been some incentive to go away and just be a 'regular' college student.

10. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

MR KENTUCKY

Ross Neltner is Mr Basketball from the State of Kentucky but I do not think the University of Kentucky offered him.