Dennis Allen.

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Jean Lafitte, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

What do we make of him as our DC? I was ready to kill him after Game One of the season. NOW? Well, the Saints have won four in a row. Sure, Drew Brees and Michael Thomas are largely responsible for that BUT the Defense seems a little better. Lots of injuries on the Defense, also.

Is Dennis Allen finally doing a good job?

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think DA - like a lot of the players - at a little too much of the cheese during the offseason. They believed the hype a little too much, and maybe Allen thought they were good enough on D to play fairly base defenses and man-to-man coverage and do just as well as they did last year. But it was a wide variety of blitzes and coverages that created last year's success. I think he realizes that and is going back to that now.

btw, did you notice that - other than getting in Josh Norman's head - Thomas wasn't much of a factor last week. Meredith had more catches, and Smith had more yardage.

Jean Lafitte and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I think Brees is starting to build a trust and rappore with Smith and Meredith. That should bode real well for the future. Who Dat!

Jean Lafitte, mctiger and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

No, I didn't notice that, so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Part of that was Wash focus on him. I think they were trying to make someone else besides AK#41 and Thomas beat them, so we obliged.

As for the question about DA, I think we totally overlooked TB in the first game. We probably thought they would be ultraconservative with Winston out and they were the complete opposite. We're still not up to the standard of last year's team, but we've improved every game since then, which is the sign of a good coach. If Davenport continues to develop and perform at a high level, with Cam on the other side, then that obviously helps the secondary. Throw in Okefor returning to the level he played at before his injury and look the fuck out.

ParadiseiNC likes this.