Discussion: Is the Holy Roman Catholic Church the only true Christian church?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUDeek, Apr 19, 2005.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I could probably recite the apostlic creed from the mass for you. maybe you dont really know jack **** about the nfl draft? I dont think u do.

Yawn.

2. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Just for the record, I think it is clear that JSracingBBF is going STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!

Not because of any of his religious beliefs. To the contrary. He's going to hell because of his signature line and his policy of no longer posting racy pix. His only salvation is to start posting racy pix again AND giving us all access to his entire website's racy pictures!!!

Do I get an AMEN?

DO I get a HALLELUJAH?

Asalaamu Alakim, My Brothers!!!

3. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

AMEN and a Ratfarts

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Doesn't take a whole lot of courage to call somebody a coward from behind the safety of your keyboard and monitor, Martin. Pot, meet kettle?

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

JSRacing, think about what you are saying here. The idea of sola scriptura first appeared in the 1500s. There is no historical record of a Christian church besides Catholicism prior to the Reformation. Under your reasoning there was no true Chritianity from the time after the Apostles to the 1500s. How is this in keeping with Christ's promise of a visible church?

You claim to know so much about how the early Christians practiced yet you didn't even recognize the names of the early Christian leaders when I presented them earlier.

You also claim that the early Christians only beleived in the Bible, but where is your proof of that. The Christians were practicing, the breaking of the bread after the road to Emaus, the public preachings of the Apostles, the baptising of entire households including infants, laying of hands and sealing the baptised with the Holy Spirit, etc. before the books of the New Testament were written. Since most of the world was illeterate at the turn of the millenium how would the early Christians read the Bible, had it even existed?

The books of the New Testament wre written between 50 and 109. What did the Christians do for the 17 years in between. Did they just sit around and wait for the Bible so they would no what to beleive?

I suggest you reread my post. I said that some inquistors abused the power given them by the Church. I stated the historical fact that the Inquisition in Spain was ordered by the King and Queen. I gave the number of death sentences as a result of the inquistions. I did not say the Church had nothing to do with them.

By the way you do know that God orders inquistions in Deuteronomy?

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

You all are arguing a history that is written by the victors of war and time. No one knows for sure what happened back in 50 AD. It is all inturpation. We really have NO freaking clue if what is written in the BIBLE is the TRUTH. There is no PROOF. It is called BLIND FAITH, you believe it is truth because of your faith.

There are only two ways any of us well ever know if what has been written is the truth is is we master the art of TIME TRAVEL or The day after we die.

Ok maybe 3 If the end of the wrold happens before we pass on then we will know also.

So dont sit here and say that you know for fact that these events happened in the past because we dont know. All my KNOW for FACT is the events that have happened in our life.

And if anyone doesnt believe that the writers of history shaped it to their form and views you have serious denile issuse.

How do you think history would have been written had Hilter won the war?

7. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I think if the world comes to a sudden end :shock: :shock: :shock: , we'll ALL be dying, so technically, it's still only two ways.

As for your first method, perhaps we can persuade Peabody to loan us his Way-Back Machine? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

No what I meant if that if the world ends as the bible says so which I do believe will happen. Not just a sudden end. At least those that are not taken will know.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

use your eyes when you read.

i didnt say you are are a coward, only that you are being a coward. maybe you are a brave superhero, but are cowardly about this one thing. are you aware that there are characteristics that you can display without being that characteristic? like a smart person can be act stupid, etc.

if i said that in real life would you get mad and beat me up, tough guy? chill out and stop being a child.

i am neither cowardly nor a mystic, so i do not fear the made-up bad place with the fire and pain. you probably do fear hell, because you were told about it as a child and it sounds scary. you had better believe in ghosts and spells because they send the bad people there. also santa will not give you toys if you are bad.

10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Theodosuius, a Holy Christian Roman emperor, ordered the library of Alexandria burned in 419AD because it was filled with pagan literature. Hundreds of thousands of books and scrolls were lost to posterity, including nearly 20 books by Homer. A couple of hundred years later the muslims burned what was left for the same reason. So many other horrific acts man has committed in the name of his seemingly unquestionably religious beliefs. What a gloomy, dark world we would live in if religion ruled the way.

Why dont ya'll all admit that ya'll don't know jack crap.