Do yall think Saban will leave?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunHusker10, Jun 6, 2003.

1. CajunHusker10

CajunHusker10 Freshman

Do yall think Saban will leave LSU for the NFL? Let's hope not! I think he is doing a great job for the university! Really brought back the magic of the place!

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No.

3. Okpoman

Okpoman Freshman

Saban has said, time and again, that his intentions are to stay with LSU but who knows for sure?

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

No. He already has everything he wants here, for his career and his family.

5. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

if he stuck around long enough to retire (from coaching)...i think he would make a tremendous athletic director

6. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

I don't think he will leave til his kids are older. He is part of the BR community and will not leave til his kids are out of his house, IMO. After that, and he wins a NC, i think he will look for a new challenge. I think he'll be at LSU 5 or so more years. No one really sticks around more than 8 years these days.

7. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Saban is a very smart, ambitious coach. I think most LSU fans understand that we should appreciate this time while we have him, and we all hope that he returns the program to prominence. Personally, I believe that Saban will be here for several more years because I believe he feels he has found a place at which he can build a championship program. It sounds as if his family is happy in Baton Rouge, and his children are still in school. Plus, he is treated well by the fans.

That said, I do believe that if he wins a few more SEC championships and a national title he will look for other challenges. As I said, Saban is ambitious, and I don't feel that he will be satisfied remaining at LSU if he accomplishes everything he feels he set out to do. I do believe that he loves molding young men at the college level at this time, but success breeds additional opportunities, and those will come with championships. If he leaves for the NFL after producing several championships for LSU, I think most fans will wish him well, appreciate him for what he'll have done, but miss him greatly, as Florida fans have with Spurrier. Regardless, it is a win-win situation for LSU.