Do you like LSU's proposed three permanent opponents?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I would rather Miss St than aTm. Old times sake I guess. We have played Miss St more than any other team. No real big deal for me though….

shane0911 and LSUTiga like this.
  2. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Another thing… so looked at all of the permanents listed above. The one that stands out as weird is Oklahoma - Florida.

APPTiger and shane0911 like this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

About as weird as LSU-Florida was back in 1992. As of that year, LSU had more football history with Kentucky than with FU. Don't know how the SEC decided FU was our "traditional rival," but geographically, Florida is a tough call for matching up with anybody in the SEC West, and adding Texas and Oklahoma to the conference doesn't make it any easier.

Chipeace likes this.
  4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Auburn got the worst draw of any team in the SEC. Two of its three permanent opponents are the two top teams in the country in Alabama and Georgia. I'm really surprised they put both Alabama and Georgia on Auburn's schedule. I don't care how you look at it, Auburn clearly got the short end of the stick!

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The gumps didn't get a much longer straw, especially if Tenn continues to get better.

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

They would have been pissed if they didn't get them, though. Those are the two games they care about the most.

7. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

For 100% selfish reasons I would like to see Mizzou as one of the 3 since I live 89 miles from Faurot Field vs 693 miles from Tiger Stadium.

Bestbank Tiger, LSUTiga and shane0911 like this.
  8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I hope Tenn continues to get better because maybe that will encourage Saban to throw the towel in sooner than later!

Hou-duco and TBTrumpet like this.
  9. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

I'd prefer Auburn over Aggy. So many epic games - the OG Earthquake Game, the Jamie Howard game, the Barn Burner, the 2001 mini-playoff, Grand Theft Auburn, the last second pass to Byrd.

APPTiger likes this.
  10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Since I live in Alabama, I would love to see Auburn too. It may be a good thing that we don't have them right off the bat because I believe Freeze is really going to do a great job and have them turned around in no time.