Does Clayton regret his decision?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Big Earl, Feb 26, 2004.

1. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Clayton did what Josh Reed did. Davey was a senior and everyone knew he wouldn't come close to the #'s he put up his junior year. Clayton, with a little less uncertainty, knew he was not going to get better numbers, especially with Randall at QB

I think Clayton would have been a top 15 pick if he would of been running at least 4.5's. I find it hard to believe that the gator TE Ben Troupe runs faster than Mike; no way. I think he had a bad workout and will do better in the campus workouts.

Why do the scouts value speed more than hands, route running, and downfield blocking???

Part of the problem with Clayton's position is he finds himself in a part of the draft where no teams need WR i.e. Saints, Dallas, KC, and Patriots. His best chance is the 49ers and Philly who have a priority at WR/offense.

2. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I heard on BR sports radio the other day (take it for what it's worth) the biggest factor in Reed not coming back was there wasn't a chance he would be academically eligible for his senior yr.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

NFL analyst Mike Detillier? You mean the one that works for the Saints?

Please, pray tell, inform us what Mr. Detillier, or anyone else who gets a check cut by that woebegone franchise, has analyzed?

LOL!

The blind following of the Saints is like you eating a rotten pizza from a neighborhood pizzeria, getting sick and missing a few days of work, costing you lots of $$$...

Instead of losing your business, you continue to eat there, out of "loyalty" to the franchise...

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Hub...Josh Reed wasn't coming back because of Damien James-esque type of situations...

He couldn't keep away from the "Bubba Alexander" lifestyle...

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why would you wish that on anybody but your worst enemy?

6. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Interesting. So he goes to the NFL where he can eat his cake and eat it too.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i always liked the Bucs and was a fan before the pewter jerseys....so i hope MC goes at #15. I think that is when the bucs pick.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Wouldn't he be a refreshing change after "just throw me the D@#^ ball"?:geaux: :lsug:

9. tirk

lmao here is a trivia question... who had the best yr? joey galloway or keyshow me the damn trow me da damn ball?

10. tirk

galloway 15 games 672 yards and 2 tds

keyshawn 10 games 600 yards 3 tds

i think galloway has 3 years of a 7 yr contract left worth $42 million.

Keyshawn has 3 years of an 8 yr deal for 56 mill left worth about the annually.

dallas would win in this swap cuz key plays well under the tuna as he would move the chains. I have less faith in Galloway who is average at best at this point.

Roy Williams is the next joey galloway. looks great at combines but won't put forth the effort. saints should get him. its only fitting.