Doesn't the NCAA have something better to do!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Thibodaux Tiger, May 15, 2005.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Kansas? I thought the NCAA was in Indianapolis?

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Moo U must want to add some wooden bleachers this year. :hihi:

3. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

I actually heard a radio conversation about this a month or so back....

I travel around the Gulf South area quite a bit so I don't recall exactly which radio station I heard this topic discussed but when it came up I actually thought they were joking. Unfortunately they were serious.

The host of the show had a theory about why the NCAA would even bother with B.S. of this type. His contention was that some smaller schools with smaller budgets feel that the larger football schools (Bama, LSU, UF, Michigan, OU, etc.) get better publicity and media coverage by putting out
    media guides that smaller schools simply can't afford to publish.

While this issue in itself isn't a huge deal, it definitely provides insight regarding the mindset of many of the smaller D1A football schools, which is,
    "If we can't afford it then you can't do it even if you can afford it".

In reality, this is the type of crap which will eventually lead to the NCAA's demise, particularly regarding football. This certainly appears to be something instigated by some of the so-called "Mid-Majors" & non-BCS programs and is apparently a result of their continual whining and complaining about the BCS schools having advantages which they deem to be unfair. I suppose D1A Football should be turned over to the Sunbelt, Mountain West, MAC, and CUSA teams.

4. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

So what's next. Smaller weight rooms and other training facilities. I guess it comes down to if you can' t beat have someone pass a rule and bring them down to your level.

Total bull and just more of the whimping out that is taking place in America.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You're right, they did move the NCAA HQ to Indy. They must have left their brains in Kansas :hihi:

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I'd just use smaller fonts or bigger pages.

7. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

That sucks!

My 2004 OU Media Guide has 404 pages. It is filled not only with the new stuff but past info on former All Americans, and detailed info about OU's 38 conference championships, 37 Bowl appearance, 23 Bowl victories, and 7 national championships. Is also includes a lot of team and individual records, biggest games, all time info, series records etc. etc.

If they have to cut it down, the majority of our past accomplishments as far as any detail will have to left out.

I'm totally shocked and surprised that they had nothing better to do than worry about how many pages some media guide has.

I wish I wouldn't have clicked on this thread.

I'm kinda pissed now.

F the NCAA

8. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

The next rule will be that larger schools will have to use lighter weights. The 45 lb weights will have to be only 40 lbs so their players won't be stronger than the smaller schools players. :D

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

If I were one of the ADs, I would be tempted to just ignore this. What could the NCAA really do to the school? Put them on probation? No bowl games for three years? No tv? Would the NCAA "really" want that kind of attention? Let them do that to ANY sec school. If the SEC lost the tv revenue for all LSU/AUB/ALA/FLA type games, they MIGHT just put the NCAA in it's place. The NCAA had to have a START at sometime. Bet there could be a "reorganization" too. It would be hard for the NCAA to pay those hugh salaries if no money was coming in. Mr. Johannasmeir (es), we have some good and some bad news for you. We are raising your already too high salary by another 50k. The bad news is that we have NO money in the kitty any longer and will no longer need your services. :lol: :lol:

10. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

It is amazing what the NCAA will try to get its hands on and what it will try to avoid like the plague and throw back on the conferences.

I'll bet that someone moaned that it was a recruiting inequity.

With all of the revenue sharing going on, the schools that typically don't make it to bowl games should be embarrassed that they are making an issue of this.