Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I went to a gun show yesterday. Got there at 10 AM and found out they had opened at 9. It was at the Lamar-Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales. It is a very large but I building. When I got there I was lucky enough to park near the front but the line to get in stretched around to the back of the building.

Using my skills to break in line without anybody getting pissed ofbor even noticing I started a conversation with somebody near the front of the line. When the conversation played out I was still standing near the front and simply merged into the line.

When I got inside every group of tables had lots of people surrounding them and they were all selling guns like hotcakes. Prices were even higher than in most gun stores.

I thought about buying a compact Sign Sauer 9mm but it was more than I wanted to spend. When I was leaving a guy offered to sell me the 9mm he was carrying for $400. It was bulkier than what I wanted and was a brand I had never heard of.

Before I drove back to Baton Rouge I called the Academy where I was going to buy a single stack Smith & Wesson. I had been waiting for 2 1/2 weeks to hear from them on the background check. Was still delayed.

This has happened every time I have bought a gun since 2000. The Academy's policy is to not sell the gun if they don't hear anything. It's legal to sell if they haven't heard anything once the Brady thing has passed but that's up to each dealer.

So I went to Precision Firearms. Getting the Walther. Of course background check was delayed again but if they don't hear anything I can pick it up August 4th.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Same thing happens to me. Do you happen to have a government security clearance? I do and am thinking it may have something to do with that. Although you'd think someone with a clearance would get through the process faster.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No clearance. No felony convictions, restraint orders or mental issues. It just happens every time. The guy at the gun store said they don't tell them why an application was delayed.

If I got stopped for speeding or running a red light the cop would know everything about me in 5 minutes from the laptop in his car.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i have been background checked 4 times, 3 times it took 10 minutes, the other time it never came through and they sold to me anyways. outside of traffic my record is perfect.

i have a smith and wesson m&p shield and it was $400 and its a hugely popular and well respected gun. cheaper than glock.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The S&W at Academy is $329. That's why I chose to buy it over the Walther in the first place. That and it's an 8+1 while the Walther is a 6+1. Extended mag at the store is $41.

6. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

We only have 99 days before we find out, right? I am skeptical that Texas will flip but we will see.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Better chance California flips

8. Tiger in NC

we do not have a voter fraud problem in this country. the few voter fraud issues we DO have are generally from both parties and are never enough to sway an election. you don't recall that Trump convened a board after the election to study voter fraud. he named some douche from kansas to run it. it was quietly disbanded after 6 months because there is no evidence to support it.
    https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trumps-latest-voter-fraud-misinformation/

Here is an article from the Heritage Foundation that shows that the limited amount of voter fraud we have is bi-partisan.
    https://www.heritage.org/election-integrity/commentary/more-proof-voter-fraud-real-and-bipartisan

I get it what you and Trump are trying to do: if he gets beat you will snowflake out and cry and say, "no fair, there was voter fraud..." I get what you are trying to accomplish for your cause but it doesn't make it so.

9. Tiger in NC

This is more perception than reality so I'm not sure why you believe it. The national polling average on the eve of the 2016 election had it Clinton 48.2% and Trump 46.1% which is exactly the share of the vote both of them received.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...rump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html

Further, 47 out of the 50 state polls were correct or within the margin of error. The exceptions were Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. That's 94% correct. In fact, Nate Silver from fivethirtyeight.com just did a podcast on this very thing. Here is the link...
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/videos/...dnt-decide-2016-and-probably-wont-swing-2020/

HalloweenRun likes this.
  10. Tiger in NC

99 days until we find out, right?

HalloweenRun likes this.