.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Ruth and Jim’s Country Place

2. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Yeah! Something like that. Is that the actual name? Funny, remember going there several times, but probably never knew the exact name.

Winston1 likes this.
  3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

We drove across the river after the bars closed at 2. And then drove back shit faced. By pure dumb luck I've never gotten a DWI. I probably should be dead.

Richdog and Winston1 like this.
  4. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I remember "Plumb Crazy" ( Who named these clubs?) from around 1984, at Bon Marche mall. Place was fricking huge, maybe bigger than the Texas Club, or at least close. It had pink & purple painted trees & like 3 dance floors, I think. Le Roux played there too, with Fergie Frederiksen singing "Carrie's Gone".

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

We’d take our dates back to the dorm then cross the river. They had table stake poker games in the back room of the Carousel. I never played but had a friend who did and I’d go back to watch. They kept on after hours. You also had to be careful of the girl you asked to dance. If she had a jealous BF it could get rough.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Yeh, the Carousel could be a tough place. We always went in groups. The only 'fight' I've ever been involved in as an adult (over 18) was in the Carousel.

7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

In my freshman yr. (fall of 71), we would hit the bars (The Keg and others) further down Highland and work our way back to campus. The last stop was a dive on Chimes that had pitchers of Bud for a dollar and ham and cheese poboys for $1.25.
    In later years I spent a lot if time at the White Horse. 20 yrs later I was working @ Fluor in Houston and started talking to this female project engineer and found out she also graduated from LSU and she that she had tended bar at the White Horse. —Small world!

Winston1 likes this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It’s amazing how intertwined our lives were back then yet we likely didn’t know it. Also how this site brings us together again.

9. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I remember the Bombay and absolutely loved the caterie... I frequented those please after I graduated... when I could afford it...

TigerTap likes this.
  10. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

We would hit the white horse and others the first night back for the new semester before classes started... great times...