.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

no you were wrong,.. the libtards did not try to control the firefighters,.. and i never said you were wrong on how to control the fire,.. i said you didn't have a clue about how they were fighting it, which you didn't,.. until i dutifully showed you an article with some details

"im sorry Mr. Shane, i were right and you was wrong",..

we're in for a lot more hell to come,.. i was born here in klamath, it's the worst drought and heat waves that i've ever seen,.. fire season doesn't usually get here until september, it's gonna be horrible

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

was

and no, you was not right. I clearly said firebreaks and burning the fuel. You can throw all the tantrums that you want but that is clearly what I said and that is clearly what they are doing. Like I said, I've done this before and you have not. Had to wear those ridiculous yellow shirts and brown pants. The one good thing was they had these fabulous food trucks that would feed us about 5-6k calories a day of some delicious grub. We needed every one of them too, hiking up and down the side of a mountain every day is no joke, especially carrying a backpack full of water.

Face it duck, you got outquacked on this one!

On a sincere note, I hope they get it under control soon. Oregon is a beautiful place and I don't want to see it burn.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

from me no tantrum, i think you're projecting,.. i won, the judges already presented me with the trophy, but you were a good sport, so i'll let you polish it

thanks for the note,.. i think, i'm afraid, the whole west coast is going to burn like never before,.. my sister lives south of portland, the temperature reached 117 there a few weeks ago, that's unprecedented

4. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

upload_2021-7-16_12-22-36.jpeg

Trophy polisher. LOL! You know there was one served up there on a tee, but...

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  5. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]

KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (Reuters) - A sprawling wildfire raging mostly unchecked for over a week in southern Oregon forced firefighters into retreat for a fourth straight day as it expanded

The Bootleg fire, the biggest among dozens of wildfires across the tinder-dry landscape of the Western United States in recent days, has scorched more than 241,000 acres - an area well exceeding the land mass of New York City

Strike teams have carved containment lines around 7% of the fire's perimeter. But extreme fire growth fueled by low humidity, dry vegetation and gusty winds forced firefighters to withdraw from leading edges of the blaze for a fourth consecutive day on Friday, officials said.

The collapse of a pyrocumulus cloud that developed over the Bootleg fire fueled much of the overnight growth, said a spokesman working with the Oregon Department of Forestry. When smoke builds into the atmosphere, it can create its own unstable weather system. When that smoke column collapses, it produces powerful downdrafts that can spew embers across unburnt parts of the landscape

"The Bootleg fire perimeter is more than 200 miles long. That's an enormous amount of line to build and hold," incident commander Rob Allen said in a statement.

He said hot, dry, windy conditions were expected to worsen into the weekend with another heat wave forecast to grip the region.

6. GiantDuckFan

same ridiculous yellow shirts and brown pants that you wore?

[​IMG]

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Indeed, hell that might be me in the picture

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

9. GiantDuckFan

:( this will ruin college sports, i tell you

10. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]

Bootleg fire nearing 350,000 acres as evacuation orders expand in Lake County

'Critical fire weather conditions' were expected Monday afternoon with low humidity, high temperatures and wind gusts up to 35 mph