ESPN - Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I read a lot of this thread and not all, this is just sad. It shows you can be recorded at anytime or any place. I am disappointed at CLM's and I hope he apologizes.
    Kids decommit all the time, go to various places for various reasons. This is why amateur sports are called just that, kids will always be unpredictable on and off the field.
    I was very disappointed in Gunner's decision but kids have to do what is right for them.
    It is up to the adults to be adults and show maturity.

2. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

some tiger fans, especially young ones who haven't experienced the repercussions of this sort of thing over and over again, will spin ANYTHING to their way of thinking with the thought lsu can do no wrong. what clm said is all over the media and it's not good. i say this from the real no spin zone. why go there, it serves no purpose at this point in time and can only hurt the program. if he wants to spill his guts, please do it in respect to our pis_ poor preparation and performance in the ncg.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Again, I'm sure he regrets what he said, but it's not like he was talking to the national media when it happened. He slipped up, said what he was thinking, and it got blown out of proportion. Next time you wonder why you get nothing from Les when he's speaking, think back to this moment and you'll have your answer.

4. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

I agree. Much ado about nothing. If you renege twice on commitments you have to expect to get called out. Maybe Les shouldn't have said it, but who cares? It will have little to no impact going forward...

BTW, Kiel is a little punk IMO, and I could give a rats ass if he fails miserably at Notre Dame

5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

If i was Les and That bastard did that to me and cost me another recruit in the process and wasnt man enough to call me and tell me.

That kid deserved to be called out on National TV and said what a lack of charachter that showed.

He owed LSU not Les a phone call.

It ended up hurting our recruiting class by what he did and what did we do to him.

We tried to give him a fully paid scholarship to one of the best programs in the nation.

Screw kiel and his lack of charachter family.

If i was Les i would have gone public with what he did and point a finger at low class decisions by parents.

Same thing with Torshiro Davis.

Screw him and his coach.

go public with the lying and put the dishonorable recruit in the spotlight.

If he wanted to go to Texas i am fine with it.

But when you intentionaly hurt LSU in the process call them out.

I gaurantee Les and LSU got called out on the Porter incident.

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

The whole greyshirt thing from a couple of years ago comes to mind. Les was ripped by many hear and the media pulling the scholly to give to someone else. Now he is supposed to sit on his hands when a recruit leaves him hanging? BS...I'd call 'em out too.

7. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

How bout you make short & simple and factual? Being butt hurt like Bobby "Stanky Leg" Hebert is no way to live. You failed on both excuses. He didn't come to LSU because newly named Offense Coordinator, Steve Kragthorpe ( 1-20-11 to 8-4-11), was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease & Kiel says didn't want to live far away from home or Mama, whichever you prefer. He destroyed LSU's chances at landing in a legit QB or two, in the 2012 class, by decommiting just days before signing day.

Proof? 9:00 minutes in..

Gunnar Kiel 2016

Oh yeah Dirty Les Miles was absolutely correct- right on the money about Gunear Kiel. He did not have the chest & proved it by his indecision, play & his actions. He committed to 4 schools, signed Notre Dame, failed there, never threw a pass, went to low level Cincinatti Bearcats & finished his carrer as their 3rd string QB. Undrafted of course.

Excerpt from his own Wikipedia page:

"Prior to the 2016 season, Cincinnati head coach, Tommy Tuberville, announced that Kiel, now a fifth-year senior, would be the third-string quarterback behind sophomore Hayden Moore (starter) and redshirt freshman Ross Trail (second-string). On October 20, Kiel was named the starter for Cincinnati's homecoming game against East Carolina after Hayden Moore went down with injury. He started the next three games but was benched again when Moore returned from injury."

I love these old threads! Found this quite by accident. 14 pages of Politically Correct BS back in 2012. Shows who was really pulling for LSU & Miles & who wasn't, besides former AD Joe Alleva.. People forget Kragthorpe was a respected OC candidate at the time. LSU's Offense would have looked different than "Miles antiquated 1970's Offense" that nobody actually stopped in 2011, with Greg Studwara, our OL coach, having to make a very hurried transition to OC in 2011. And the Best Defense in LSU history.

Trivia: Everyone knows LSU has 4 NCs. How many LSU teams were good enough to be voted #2?

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Two I believe. 1959 and 2011.

9. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Winston1 likes this.
  10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I was pretty close and didn’t try to google the answer just remember the Halloween game and Tennessee cheat.....and unfortunately the Sugar Bowl disaster

TigerTap likes this.