Fact-Free Fox News.....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Biggles, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

I heard a fascinating discussion of the powerful Pete Williams.

2. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

[

i disagree. news is never rreally unbiased. any choice of story, any agenda setting, will be based on whatever some producer or whatever thinks is most newsworthy. why even bother defining "unbiased". every story reflects the person telling it as well as the story

Answer: That is an idiotic and self serving position. I guess since you cannot even begin to defend Fox as anything more than a right wing propaganda outlet, you want to say all news organizations are slanted in their own way.

The real difference between professional news organizations like ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN is that they TRY to report the news fairly and objectively.

Fox makes no attempt to.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

cottonbowl,

i think what you are saying is that the bias of the networks and cnn is more in line with your personal bias and therefore you consider it neutral. like i said earlier, fox isnt very right-wing relative to the general population. or it surely isnt so right wing that it alienates too many viewers. it has been murdering cnn.

my question for you is why you care so much. lets imagine fox is complete propaganda. no big deal. there are plenty of lefty papers out there. try the guardian, it hates bush.

4. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Please tell me that you didn't have a straight face when those words were typed onto your computer screen.

The fact that you could actually type such BAFFOONERY shows your inherent bias.

SERIOUSLY, listen to a Dan Rather broadcast. Or, better yet, watch him at the next Democrat Convention. He actually gets "giddy" at the DNC. At the last convention, he accused the Republicans of purposely and malicously "trying to ruin" the Al Gore's day when a certain court's decision implicated Democrats in another Clinton fiasco. He was nearly CRYING on the air. When it came out that a Carter-appointed judge was responsible, he refused to apologize.

Then, he shows up at the Republican convention, and he was pouty, moody and only tried to question the Republican "agenda".

Yeah, ole Danny Boy is unbiased!!!

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I remember Dan Rather's statement after President Bush's address of 9/20/01 that went something like "Now we must remember that, regardless of how you feel about him or whether or not you voted for him, he is the President."

Well, DUH! Gee, Dan, still carrying around that grudge about hanging chads in Florida?

To his defense, I saw a noticeable change in Dan Rather's attitude after 9/11. With the exception of that, he now seems much less negative when giving his news orations on matters concerning the Bush Administration and it's leadership.

No, the worst is Peter Jennings. A friend of mine, not a Republican nor a Democrat, no fan of the Bush Administration, pointed out to me once that, for the longest time after the 2000 election, Peter Jennings would never refer to W as "Mr. President" or "President Bush." He would always say "Mr. Bush," and, when it absolutely couldn't be avoided, "the President." Man, what a jerk.

6. CottonBowl'66

7. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN are all liberal news programs. I will agree that Fox is conservative news. Of those 4 I think NBC is the best.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Who else do you expect to own multi billion dollar communications networks, Karl Marx?

For your information Fox is owned by a multi billion dollar corporation that wants to make money too

And you people on the left wing lunatic fringe are tolerant of opposing views? Read your own statement. If you believe that you are truly psychotically paranoid. Oh never mind, you have found us out. I confess. We have a machine that is disrupting and controlling your thoughts in a deliberate attempt to drive you nuts. Thats why your rants are so predictable. Just think about it. Oh - you don't have to do any thinking. I'll just raise the settings on our thought control machine to torture you in your dreams. And you thought the Matrix was fiction.

So I must have only imagined that I heard about another attack on American soldiers on Fox News today.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

again, all news is biased. its just when the bias doesnt agree with your particular bias you guys get upset. if you dont see that npr is biased then you may never understand.

bias in the news is not a problem. its good that we have both sides represented.

"all the news stations in the United States are highly censored anyway"

???????

who do you thinks censors them, the secret american news gestapo? they have gangs that invade tv stations and newspapers and slaughter dissenters in their sleep? lets not be crazy. ask your friends who work in media if they are censored. or is a big cover-up? a big conspiracy? hehe. yall are silly. grow up.

10. CottonBowl'66