Fact-Free Fox News.....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Biggles, Oct 16, 2003.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

well since i can see you will not agree, let me ask you this:

if fox is in fact right wing propaganda, how does that negatively affect anyone? i mean, given a free market of ideas, and our freedom to listen or watch or believe whatever we want, then where is the negative to having any sort of wild political view out there?

i know your answer, you dont like that what you consider to be right wing propaganda is presented as "news'. so my second question to you is "who cares"?

2. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

You sure Fox isn't beating CNN in the ratings because of all the fine infobabes??

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Fox has the Foxes

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

that jane skinner is pretty. also the war correspondent jennifer eccleston. feed me your right wing lies, ladies.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I love listening to the right wing lies of Heather Nauart, Laurie Dhue and Leslie Visser.

6. tigermojo

tigermojo Founding Member

I wouldn't care if everyone gave it the same amount of credit one gives the Weekly World News standing in the check-out line. The problem is, so few people feel the need to think for themselves anymore. The media, liberal or conservative, thrives on fear. Fox News takes it one step more and claims to have the answers to "What's Wrong with Our Country". It's answer, sadly, is to pimp devisive rhetoric that does more harm than good. See, Rush, Hannity and O'Reilly; men who know a good horse when they beat it into the ground for their own gains.

The thing is, I don't even think of it as propaganda as such. I think of it as Fox News and neo-con talkshow hosts knowing a good thing when they see it. Things are tough and people are looking for places to lay blame, why not create a whole industry based on the premise that all people who are not conservative hate the U.S., their mothers, Jesus and John Wayne. Then, shout down anyone who has an opinion, not because you disagree, but because people like to tune in to see shouting.

Besides, they had to do something once Clinton left office. They can only ride that horse so long. Of course, it's a horse that still gets ressurected time to time if for no other reason than nostalgia.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

right. so ultimately where is the problem, with the news, or the people?

so at the end of the day my point is that there is no point in whining about fox because they are just presenting a huge segment of the population with what they want. lots and lots of americans want there to be a fox news, and since we are free, we have one.

now there will always be news from both sides. there wasnt before as much because we only had a few channels and media outlets. now we have 100 channels and the internet. no matter that you think, you can find an information source that sees things your way.

besides. the right wing people here that claim that people like dan rather are more liberal than the american people are right. back when there was no fox news they had far more of a gripe then you whiners now.

griping about fox news is about as smart as whining that you think a popular painting or song sucks. just find one more suited to your taste.