FOCUS! I don't see it so far

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TIGERNMS, Nov 25, 2003.

1. TIGERNMS

TIGERNMS Founding Member

It seems we (LSU fans) are focused on BCS, our last game (no 24 hour rule for fans?), and anything except arkansas. GUYS REMEMBER LAST YEAR, FOR SEC WEST CHAMPIONSHIP! We are up 17-7 w/~5min to go, then BAM WE BLOW IT. I hope our players and coaches are more focused on arky then the fans. I saw where the pigs were looking to ruin our season, and most posted a picture of last years score board so I thought I would show you that as a reminder. :geaux: :lsug: :lsug: :lsug: [​IMG]

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

The good news (Although I agree with your post and I am very nervous about this game)

Is that none of us will be wearing helmets on Friday. Well I may depending on the tailgate party, but I am sure Saban wont "put me in"

If he does I will call an audible to the swinging gate on every play.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I disagree. As fans, we get to enjoy our team's success a little more than the team itself. Lord knows we agonize over every loss and disappointment. None of us have to play on Friday. I'm sure Nick Saban will have the team ready for ARky. Trust me, none of us have forgotten about last year.

4. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

I'm with Hatcher. Right now is a great time and enjoy every bit of it even if it means looking ahead a little. Heck if we lose to Arkansas and you never even think about post-Arkansas possibilities how fun is that. Enjoy it.

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

When we win, do we have to take that ugly ass trophy??? I'd rather them keep that POS.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I'm with you TigernMS. I can't look past practice today and the game on Friday.

I wish that I could enjoy looking ahead, but I can't.

Arky has the best offensive line that we've faced all season.

7. I'm with you too. Although it's ok for us to enjoy this and sieze the moment, this is a home game and the crowd intensity has a lot to do with the players intensity. This includes what they hear the week before the game. Lots of us are acting like we dont even have a game this week and all we have to do is figure out the BCS. This game is a MUST WIN and is by no means a given.

8. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I don't think it’s just about what happened last year as a motivator. It's about the possibility of being SEC champs, a shot at a NC, and a season no football fan envisioned at the beginning of fall camp.

It’s about setting a new standard in the SEC West and being the best. It’s about WE ARE LSU!!!!!! We’re in our house for this game, and we will defend our house. Why? WE ARE LSU!!!!!!. Do you hear me Arky! Win or Lose I’ll still chant LSU for this magical season.

LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU

9. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Ok, but I still don't want that ugly trophy to be out in the open...can we atleast keep it in a storage closet. I don't see us giving it back anytime soon.

10. LOL