Games of Disinterest

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by furduknfish, Sep 4, 2021.

1. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Why do the Alabama uniforms look like the players are wearing Depends?

2. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Following their head coach's lead?

tirk and Hou-duco like this.
  3. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

LOL - good one!

4. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Tennessee is an embarassment to the SEC.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Man that was a wild ending. Tenn loves em some Kitten.

6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

I think most of us would never participate in this, and I am not defending Tenn, but I get the sentiment. I think it had less to do with Kiffen and more to do with ref/replay inconsistency. ESP. Whenever the entire world can see on replay a call that should be turned over (not the call in question at Tenn) and somehow it’s kept. Or vice versa. LSU has been a victim of this. There is no recourse, which of course is reasonable. Still , seeing how bad reffing can be over the past few years, especially replay, it boggles the mind how sometimes they do not see it. I am a conspiracy theorist about it. Nothing has changed my mind. Nonetheless, I believe this is what fueled the Tennessee reaction. If the camera angles shown on the broadcast were the only ones the replay refs had, no way to turn over. I have to say, I get the frustration.. Not justifying by any means.

msully likes this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

What's more frustrating is there seems to be no punishment for bad refs. I have posted here before that bad calls should be fined and after x amount of bad calls by a ref he should lose his job. NOT ONE PENALTY CALLED ON FLA YESTERDAY. I saw at least 4 flagrant fouls 2 that were atrocious.

msully, LSU_4_LIFE and Winston1 like this.
  8. furduknfish

I was watching the end and you are correct. The zebras set the fans off with that call but the fuse was already lit. What I dont get is in a stadium full of cameras those two views were it and the resolution looked pretty crappy as well.

Still, no excusing throwing dangerous objects. The golfball luckily did no harm. People throw water bottles all the time like its no big deal when in fact water is heavy even though not hard/rigid in liquid form. The mustard bottle was the clincher. Security cleared the lower student section but they came right back down to watch what was a pretty thrilling end.

At the end of the day, this was prob less than 1% of the fans (Neiland has a 100k+ cap I think). Let us not be judged by the 1% of morons we are surrounded by all day everyday.

9. furduknfish

kluke likes this.
  10. furduknfish

Anybody remember Peter Parish? Playing for Memphis against UCF and the fighten Guses right now.