Great job Tiger Women!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NoDakSt, Mar 29, 2005.

1. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member

Great showing in a very physical contest. Duke played rough and tumble and it took the Tigers out oftheir game for awhile but senior leadership and Sylvia Fowles prevailed. I think LSu has shown that they can play any style of game..fast paced or slogged down, finesse or physical. Predict the Tigers to go all the way.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

NoDakSt, I'm sure you are elated as one of the Lady Tigers biggest fans. Great for you. Yep, they won playing playing a wrestling match instead of being in a track meet. Their defense lead the way again, and putting Williams on Williams was a surprise but ended up being a great decision by Pokey.

We need to hit a much higher percentage of free throws in the Final Four as I expect those games to very close, similar to last nights game in that they will be physical, low scoring affairs.

3. Carface

Carface What the...?

Enough said.

[​IMG]

4. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

While I am very happy to see them win, it was not a very good performance by either team inability to make a shot. I am glad that Duke's bench was not deep. Well some wins are ugly hopefully they got it out of the system.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Great Game!

I'd love to see the Tigers tighten up on making FTs, making FGs and fewer turnovers. I think that they'll have to improve a bit in these areas, if they are going to win the NC.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

LSU missed about a half dozen close in shots (mostly layups), but this was mainly to the big girls down low for Duke. They are one of the best defenses in the paint area, and this caused problems for LSU for most of the night.

The turnovers were a bit disturbing, and the free throws do have to improve as cajdav said. The next 2 games will more than likely be nailbiters, and a crucial turnover or missed free throw could spell LSU's doom.

That being said, I am more convinced than ever that LSU wins it all, since Duke got LSU to play THEIR game and still could not pull off the win. LSU too much D for anybody to beat them.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

those turnovers early on were about to drive me insane! particularly on the fast break. had it not been for them, we most likely would have had the game won by early second half.

however, being down early to a good team like this is/was a trememndous exercise in/test of resilience...an imperative quality for any team seeking a championship of any sort.

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Is it just me or did it seem (especially in the first half) that the officials were letting the Duke girls play while calling the ticky-tack stuff on LSU?

That aside, I knew the girls were going to pull it out when the game went under the 7 minute mark, and Duke only had 7 points in the second half. Absolutely stifling D.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

LSU will win it all because NoDakSt said so. She has proven that she knows her stuff when it comes to the womens' game. :thumb:

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

before i read the posts I was thinking the same as caj and sf. NDSt is obvious the true Lady Tiger fan here and not a bandwagoner like myself. congrats to the real fan. ive never seen their post non-Lady Tiger related.