Gruden

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fokrab, Jan 9, 2011.

1. fokrab

fokrab Founding Member

FWIW >> my AA connection says Gruden being spoken to by UM but Les in the mix too.:geaux:

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I hear ya, Adam Schefter.

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I have heard his name mentioned over and over. Has he ever said that he would coach here or is this just a wish he would come here thing. Seams like he would coach NFL ball if he went back to coaching.

4. fokrab

fokrab Founding Member

My friend in Ann Arbor said he was told UM AD met with Gruden. But who knows the truth ? Maybe not even CLM

:LSU231::LSU231::LSU231:

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Doesn't matter who he met with, Gruden can just about have his pick of any open NFL job. You won't see him in the NCAA.

6. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I don't know why Gruden's name always comes up. I personally don't care for the guy. Does he have any connection to LSU that his name always come up?

And yes I know we are talk in about him as a UM candidate just wondering what the connection is to us.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

gruden has become the most famous modern day coach by having his agent put his name in every search. hes not going anywhere. but he loves reading his name in the paper every monday morning from whatever hotel hes in.

he has surpassed saban and tuberville in this regard. he must have their same agent in sexton.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Gruden seems pretty happy in the broadcast booth and has given no signs that he even desires to coach again. It's been like three years. You'd think he'd be coaching by now if he wanted to.

9. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Think he just signed an extension to continue to stay in the broadcast booth too

10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

No CHIT man, I'm impressed by Gruden. How does he do it; he's out-Kiffin'd Kiffin. Lane Kiffin's upwardly motoring from one high profile high paying job to another higher profile higher paying job without winning games or allowing himself to be held back by loyalty or any of that stuff. He's really cool huh.
    But Gruden has one upped Kiffin - he's also climbing the job ladder - BUT WITHOUT EVER ACTUALLY HAVING TO SHOW UP FOR ANY OF THE JOBS!!!
    WOW!! Dudes my hero.

He may be our next President and he'll never even have to leave the booth.