HAWTHORNE

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Nov 11, 2002.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Jim ain't perfect, but...

He's better than John Ferguson was. And he's certainly better than most of the SEC radio announcers that I've heard. He's a keeper.

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I think that it was the right thing to redub Hawthorne's call. It's not fair to Devery to have someone else get the credit for the outstanding play he made. All LSU fans might know the difference, but what about people that know nothing about LSU football and that's the only replay they'll ever see. Had it not been retaped they would think that it was Jack Hunt.

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

roygu

Pretty simple to make that mistake, IMO. No one knows the view that Hawthorne has of the game. If a player, on the field, was blocking his view it is easy to mistake 9 for 8. Hunt was a WR last year and in the excitement he probably blurted out the first name that came to mind.
    Fans point out that it was a dis-service to Henderson to make that mistake, then when the correction is made that complain about trying to protect Hawthorne. Maybe they were just trying to give Henderson his due.
    How many times have you posted something on the internet, then wished you could edit it. Unfortunately when you are in public broadcasting the edit key is not available.

4. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Michael Clayton, Devery Henderson, Corey Webster and Jack Hunt were the recievers on the field at the time of the Hail Mary. Hunt and Henderson were lined up at the far right. Coulda easily mistaken 9 for 8.

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

No, the receivers on the field were Clayton, Robinson, and Henderson out to the right. and Myers out to the left.

Hunt and Webster haven't seen the offensive side of the ball this year.

6. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

dubbing...

They should of left it just like it was. He even came back and rectified the mistake in the middle of it all and gave credit where credit was due. I went lsusports.net before I new they cahnged it and you can tell it just isn't the same.