Huge Brady fan Here But

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Mar 3, 2003.

1. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I remeber Bear Bryant telling a fan, who called his show suggesting that he alter his lineup, that when the fan gets a team he can play who ever he wants. But as long as he, Bryant, is coaching he will make the lineup as he pleases. That didn't seem to hurt Bryants popularity in Bama. The name of the game is just win and the vast majority of the fans will grovel. LOL Unfortunately for Brady he isn't winnig consistantly yet.

2. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

NOBODY

Called Brady to tell him how to Coach they called to ask Brady to say some good things about the Bench players.

NOW LET ME SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU BRADY IS A PRICK BUT HE IS A GOOD COACH. BOBBY KNIGHT HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE PRESS AND HIS BOSSES. I DONT THINK THAT ANYBODY HAS INSULTED FANS BECAUSE THEY CALLED UP TO BE NICE TO SOMEONE ON THE TEAM LIKE BRADY DOES.

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

DV, I don't know about insulting fans, Brown asked an LSU Fan if he were a NAZI once, on his radio show. LOL, the fan really took offense and pointed out that he was a Veteran of WWII and had fought the NAZIs. So Brown had to apologize. Coaches are paid to win, not many are good at PR. Bobby knight is probably the best example.

Howerver, the fan did call and suggest that Brady insert the bench players earlier. His example was that he had been bench player, rated fourteenth in his schools fifteen man roster. He was trying to point out how much it means to a bench player to participate in the game.

A coaches reputation depends on the mood of the fans. I remember the chant of "help Mac Pack". Charlie Mac was one of the nicest people who ever coached at LSU.

Just Win Baby!

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: NOBODY

Who the hell cares what Brady says on his radio show as long as he wins? All good coaches can be either the biggest prick in the world or a players best friend - or both. Despite the way Bobby Knight has treated his players a hell of a lot of his former players always defend him whenever he goes postal Knight made Isaiah Thomas's life a living hell when he was a player for Indiana but now there is nobody who is a bigger supporter of "The General" than Thomas. Brady has done a fantastic job considering the conditions he was working under the last few years. True, the team sucked in mid season but now when it counts the most he has them hitting on all cylinders. With a #1 recruiting class coming in lets see what he does with in the next couple of years before we pass judgement on the man