I did not know that this free site was not free anymore

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Sep 9, 2004.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Wow, how things change the fact that you need donations (donation being the key word) I had know idea that you would hold members at ransom to access areas that for the past 2 to 3 years have been part of the system. I guess posting things in the Tiger Den will become the norm now. When do you think that that the whole site will become a paid site. :thumb: way to screw up a great site if you would have just been a little patient a number of people would have donated just like Dandy Don's site.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

THis should be an interesting thread....

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

And the board IQ drops

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Geez, is 12 bucks a year really THAT taxing to your budget?

BTW, last time I checked, it's still a free site. You just get what you pay for. If you can't afford a buck a month, then the extra things this site offers for that low price are unnecessary luxuries.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

This is very very different!!! Unlike other "pay" sites the main board here is open to everyone. On those pay sites the main posting board is open to members only which is a huge huge difference. Look around and ask a few questions before you go off the deep end. You might try emailing Brett and asking some questions if you are unclear how the board now works. :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis:

6. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Nothing screwed up about it. He gave everyone at least a month's warning as to what was happening with the site, not to mention he's got a kid on the way and doesn't have as much time or money to invest in the site as he used to. Everyone gladly obliged. As a matter of fact, you're the only one I've seen even remotely complain about it.

It's as simple as this... If you don't want to contribute, then don't. But it's the least anyone can do to show appreciation for the wonderful job that Brett and the crew have done with this site. Not to mention, it's a whole $12, I mean come on... These sites don't run themselves for free you know... It takes money for hosting, money for the domain, lots of time, money for software updates, etc.... Of course, you could always start your own message forum site and run it for free... ;)

7. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

hey cheap@ss, it's 12 bucks. I am in school and I can cough up 12 bucks. Like previously said, the main board is still open. You spend more than 12 bucks at the snack bar at a movie theater. hell, how much do you pay for internet connection? Brett needs a little help because tigerforums has expanded so much.

Quit being a cheap f*** :po: :po:

8. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I didn't know that either. You haven't contributed a dime yet your words magically appear.

Please accept my apology.

It's posts like this that make me wonder if I shouldn't have just turned it off and walked away. :dis:

9. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Donation is one thing but to pay to see a recruiting site that is full of rumors is another. 12 dollars is not a big deal 100 dollars is not a big deal ( do you need a loan) its the fact that its a freaking donation. Thats what is funny. I mean no offense to the guys who need the money to run this site but if your going to make it a pay site make it a pay site get a beat writer and do some articles and post them. Have a recruiting expert do top 100. Other then posting rumors and articles from other sites
    (that we were told not to do last season). This is a fun site if you want a donation ask for a donation if you want a paid site say its a paid site. Don't sugar coat it with the word DONATION. LOL

10. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

He is part of the infamous 1%er's that flip over port-a-johns at the games.