I guess this makes it pretty much official Pellini to LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Maderan, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

Wasn't he a LB coach for the Pats and the Packers?

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

But that certainly wasn't the case the year before, when they had far better talent available.

With all respect, Texastigers, you can't really focus on one year. Not for any coach and certainly not for Pellini, who, as a DC, coached a Nebraska defense, not 2 years ago, that was tops in the nation in turn-over ratio. In fact, I think Pellini's last season at Nebraska was their last year in which "The Blackshirts" actually lived up to their reputation. Since his departure, they haven't been the same.

Ditto for when he was a coach with the GB Packers. His unit finished in the top 10 in defense--when Leroy Butler and the rest of the GB defense was "a force".

So, I know it's only human nature to focus on the "most recent" aspects of things, but it's just not fair. I dont' know what sort of work you're in, TexasTigers, but I'll assume you've done some really good things in the past and I'll assume there have been times, just like everyone else, that you messed something up. Now, would you want your employer or collegues to ONLY focus on the one bad thing ("bad year" in the coaches world) and judge you by that? I would think not.

3. stamant79

stamant79 Founding Member

Makes me wonder since pellini is a college coach if Les was hoping for an NFL guy since he waited till after the NFL season ended. Seems this deal could have been made weeks ago if he was just going after a college coach.

4. BostonBengal

Yep.

5. BostonBengal

Maybe he did. Maybe Pellini wanted to finish out the recruiting season?

6. stamant79

stamant79 Founding Member

I didnt think about the recruiting season. I guess we will never know