I have to give the hoops teams a hearty congratulations...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I think Brady has done a decent job the past few games... But my problem with him is Why did it take so long? This team actually lost a player, and has gotten better since. What happened? Houston, USM? I mean really... This is the same team, it took too long for this team to gel...

Past few games were played and coached great imo (minus the lack of a time out in the last 12 seconds...).

2. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

[font=&quot]You better arguing with your knee than TE. The kid is hopeless.

"[/font]The fans went along for the ride. After it ended, the students chanted, "We want Brady!" About 6,000 of the 9,587 in attendance wore T-shirts -- purple in one section, gold in the next. LSU placed one on each chair in the lower and middle sections. Fans found them when they got to their seats."

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/022305/lsu_dubois001.shtml

They must be idiot!! LOL.

Enjoy.

3. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

tight

4. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

...and if we don't beat Auburn, it really doesn't mean that much.

Everything is there now, Alabama has two very tough games, UK Saturday and at Starkville to close out the season. LSU has two very winnable road games. Opportunities not to be lost.

I was concerned that the 1-2-2 forced our offense to way too many situations where three players were on a wing being guarded by one player. This team should already have a game lead in the West. Way too much talent to be 16-8. So I'll give Brady credit for coming back from the stinkbomb in Knoxville. Now he has to have his team ready to play two very tough road games.

5. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

and we should beat auburn....by 30 points....theres no excuse that game should be close.

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

NO!!!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Overconfidence is the devil! That's the advantage that the Aubies have over us: it's a home game for them and everyone will go into this fully expecting LSU to win. Didn't Auburn beat MooU at home recently? Moo was expecting to win. Tennessee thought they could look past Auburn. Nope. USC was expecting to beat Auburn at home and look what happened... Aubies steal one. Granted, these teams weren't on fire like LSU, but you get the point.

7. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

I have to agree with this. Though I have not been a Brady proponent, it is certainly hard to complain when his team is playing as well as it has been, but I still have to wonder why we havent played well all season. Oh well, mystery for the ages I guess.

8. TigerInTally

TigerInTally Founding Member

I think thats how TE (and many others, myself included) feel about the way Brady has run this program.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

stamina wasnt a problem. well it was/would have been, but bama was just as gassed--their bench is as thin as ours. we might have been in better shape than them in ot. chuck davis had 4 fouls.

the reason for the bass-ackwards perimeter approach was bama's defensive approach to deny the post. overall, they did a very good job in the post. this team/brady does not do a good enough job getting the ball in the post. will improve somewhat with these players being together longer. we did see some different approaches tonight though--more dribble penetration than ever, and i dont remember seeing anywhere near that much flashing to the ft line against the zone.

we hit fts and we win comfortably (bama was below avg too, though)

chuck davis made just a little mistake on the last play. he didnt really go to get bass, but just sort of stood around--didnt look for anyone to put a body on.

the encouraging thing is that lsu could have played better. no one shot lights out, hud hit nothing, poor ft shooting.

i dont think we can approach this intensity on the road however. its not necessary to beat auburn or ole miss, but we'd better develop it or we'll lose first round to villinova or southern ill.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

certainly this team, nor its fans, should not be overconfident. they should be confident that going into each game they CAN win. as fans, we should be hopeful because of the consistent improvement of both the team and, to some degree, the coach. granted, most of the bashing has not been of the xs and os variety but of other coaching aspects.

i have become of the opinion that it is not worth it to me to worry about whether brady should be fired. i do not make the decision. it appears we have a capable ad that is responsible for that. i am in the fan business for purely pleasure after all. perhaps this is a cop-out, but i'm worth it. and, doggonnit, people like me.