I'm glad we got Charleston and not So. Miss.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SiberianTiger, Jun 6, 2004.

1. SiberianTiger

SiberianTiger Founding Member

After checking out their stats, it appears their pitching really drops off after their top couple of guys. I just don't see us losing 2 games tomorrow to their 4th & 5th starters.

I'll be interested to see how many teams can win 2 on Sunday to advance. Stanford would be my top bet.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This is great news. I doubt that Southern Miss could have beaten LSU twice on Sunday, but I know that Charleston will not. Bank on that.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think COC is a better team by a decent amount yet I dont know the depth of their rotation that you speak of...I meant from the games I saw. Reminds me some of the LBS Dirtbags of years past.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Oh dear insomnia how I loveth thee.

Was just thinking of how interesting it is for LSU to be playing each of the other three teams in this weekend's regional. Of all the teams, I could not stand S. Miss... From their coach (any of you get a look at that guy and his mannerisms?) to their fans.. Just not very appealing to have to play them again. Army was a very nice opponent to see LSU go up against, for obvious reasons. It was nice that the LSU vs Army game was played before a packed house so that appreciation could be shown properly. CoC is perhaps the scrappiest team I've seen in this regional. Let one of their guys on base and they are dangerous.. Interviews with their coach were interesting. The guy had that look of delight to have his team in the postseason... like a kid in a candy store - VERY happy to be there, very well-spoken guy I might add... Anyways, looking forward to the game tomorrow.

<end early morning mindless rambling>

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

agree this COC team is pretty dangerous just seeing how they play hard on every play. they are a force to be reckoned with but I am glad they must beat us twice.