Is America really much better than China?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by USMTiger, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

one way the CCP controls their people overseas

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56563449

back in china, they call you from the phone of a family member and threaten you, reminding you they are in the same room as your family. that will tend to make a person stop talking shit about china and do their bidding.

the only way to really be free to speak about china is to have no relatives in china, which is very very rare for chines diaspora.

2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

and black school board member in San Fran attacks Asians for using whites to get ahead, calling them house n**. Black Teen Vogue editor gets fired for anti Asian tweets she made 10 year ago.

Black people have got to come to terms with their racist past.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    shane0911 likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

we (meaning the US) should boycott the olympics

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

And the various Asian communities don't necessarily care for each other, as many are offended when mistaken for being Chinese when they are Taiwanese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc.

Admittedly, growing up in Baton Rouge and Livingston Parish in the 70's and 80's, I would never have been able to distinguish one Asian ethnicity from another. Fast forward to 2021, I live in a city that is nearly 25% Asian, if not more. I can definitely tell a difference, and the Chinese are usually the most standoffish of the various groups.

I don't see a lot of "Asian hate," though they do dominate academics, orchestra, speech, and debate around here. Many Chinese parents, if they let their high schoolers date at all, do NOT let them date outside of the Chinese group.

The other Asians near me are not that way. My older daughter's best friend from high school is Korean (only been here since 8th grade), and her family loves my American daughter and the friendship she has formed with their daughter. My younger daughter, being involved in speech and debate, has a decent number of Asian friends.

But, again, the Chinese are less friendly. Right now, a Chinese woman is running for mayor of Plano. Her husband works for the Chinese government, and she's lived here less than 6 years. She is being backed by an anti-urban group of good old boys who think she will not support new businesses coming here.

Now, I know that sounds really stupid...and it is, but essentially, they don't want more corporate headquarters up here, and she says she won't court more businesses. And while it's true that Toyota locating here, in particular, has led to an obnoxious amount of California transplants flooding our housing market (and elections), I have a sign for her opponent in my yard.

I don't trust her endgame, and frankly, her group of followers who want Plano to remain suburban have missed the memo that our school district has been an urban district for the past 20 years. But their mayoral candidate doesn't know that because she was still living in China until 2014.

Jmg and Winston1 like this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the american left and their podnuhs in the chinese communist party are gonna always conflate everything with racism. if a korean person get robbed, they will paint it as anti-asian racism.

viets and koreans are so different than chinese, culturally. viets are very pro-america. the vietnamese govt has a very antagonistic relationship with china and wants to side with the US. they hold basically zero resentment from the vietnam war.

i have been to the war museum in hanoi, they call it the "war of american aggression". but thats the govt, the people dont care. and a large percentage of the population hate the north viet govt even now. they are hugely pro-america. many time in baton rouge i see vietnamese folk flying the south vietnamese flag. like at andrew's food mart on govt, and the nail salon near canes and circle bowl at floride/airline. the guy at andrews told me bans the modern vietnamese flag from his presence.

koreans and filipinos are also hugely pro america. i think filipinos have the highest opinion of the US of any country. korea, culturally, doesnt seem weird at all like china does. seoul seems like america except with asians. same clothes, style, attitude.

we should definitely be concerned about chinese immigration. we should probably severely limit visas for students from mainland china. of course in todays political climate, only trump would have the balls to do that. everyone else is terrified to be called racist.

we should listen to that korean politician i mentioned before

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pol...onal-candidate-says-about-chinese-immigrants/

"i dont want them here at all" she says.

we should be working towards a NATO-like pacific defense group. australia, india, vietnam, korea, phillipines indonesia (4th largest population in the world is in indoniesia, suprisingly). i dont trust biden to facilitate and works towards this.

speaking of nato we should also be kicking turkey out of it.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

also i do not believe anti-asian discrimination exists at all really in the US, except for at elite university admissions, and in small pockets of the black community.

Frogleg and Winston1 like this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Asians are not hated in America they are envied. They don't tend to loot, burn and tear down cities and don't think they are entitled are owed something. They tend to work hard, get educated and stay out of trouble generally. The hated group is sadly the white male. White females have it a little better than us white males but are the second most hated. What always gets me is Asians, blacks, Latinos, and women are counted as minorities yet as a whole they are the majority and yet white males are the oppressor and privileged.

What a freaking crock!

onceanlsufan likes this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

On Christmas day, the movie Soul came out on Disney Plus. We watched it, and at one point, the main character, a black male, is in search of his soul. There was this weird hall of lost souls, if you will (in purgatory).

The protagonist gets paired with the most annoying, irritating soul of all-time, and the big joke was that her voice was that of a white woman.

It was literally supposed to be this huge joke, which all of the other souls guffawed to in agreement.

We white women aren't far behind the white males.

10. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

What people don't get, is that the body politic is teaching people to hate white people. It's like Charles Barkley says, it is driven by politics so Demorats can gain control and money. Thinking back on it ... if I were a young black person, and was presented the history they way our nation presents it, insinuating that the perspectives and attitudes of 150, 250, 450 years ago are still in full force today, ... I'd come away a tad resentful as well, and hate white people. That is what our education system is designed to do.