jamarcus russel

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigernut4, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Tigernut4

Tigernut4 Founding Member

i was listening to the kaare johnson show today and they had an expert on and they were talking about the senior bowl, well as you may know jamarcus russel lives in mobile. this "expert said that jamarcus russel was talking to nfl scouts and said that he is going to LSU"

also in purple and gold or tiger rag this week, it says after the lsu alabama game (the game russel visited) he went up to coach saban and said coach, you need a qb.

this is excellent news, this guy led his team to the state championhip... as a freshman. this guy is a daunte culpepper clone. with this guy lane and that flynn kid, our QB complaints will go down quite a bit.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I heard that Russel wouldnt commit LSU if the Tigers signed both Flynn and Lane. I would not complain if he chooses to sign with LSU. I will welcome him as a Tiger.

3. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

<<<I heard that Russell wouldnt commit LSU if the Tigers signed both Flynn and Lane. >>>

It would be hard to blame him either. Look what happened when Spurrier begged Brock Berlin to go to Florida, also wound up signing Rex Grossman, and then ruined Berlin's college career by not redshirting him his first year.

I don't know how this wil play out, but it's hard to see how LSU will sign 3 top QB's and keep them all happy. Matt Flynn is willing to redshirt, so maybe it's a case of Lane and Russell (if he signs) competing for the job as true freshman against Randall and Mauck, with neither Lane or Russell redshirted.

Lane's possible baseball career is something that's certainly been presented to Russell, as it's a very real possibility. If I'm Russell, and I'm that confident in my abilities, I'd have to believe that with the way the QB situation is at LSU, I might have a good chance to start early.

4. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

I heard just the opposite on Russell. He is not afraid of the competition with all the QBs coming to LSU.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's smart to stockpile quarterbacks, everybody tries. Look what happened last year. Even the recruits know the position will be competitive and that it is vital for contenders to be 3-deep in SEC caliber quarterbacks.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

It would also be valuable to have one of them as a kick holder. It gets really scary sometimes when I see a fake FG. Too many times the holder throws garbage passes.

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Awesome, thanks for the info. I hope they get his name right when they make his LSU uniform. It's spelled Russell.

No doubt, everyone will be elated to see this guy play in a tiger fan. There will be no doubt amongst fellow tiger fans that Russell is for real!

Oh... As far as that guy lane goes... I wouldn't really count on him as being part of the equation. That flynn kid though, look out for him in the future. Heck, he'll probably be starting instead of the guy Russell we're talking about!

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Yea, but Russell's not white, so hopefully they can get that cracker Flynn. :hihi:

9. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

pssssst...Russell isnt afraid of no competition, hell, he's the NFL no. 1 pick overall..:hihi:

10. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

There goes grad again messin' with peoples minds!!!