Jimbo Fisher-Good Interview (Radio)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JKIII, Apr 25, 2005.

1. JKIII

JKIII Founding Member

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

How about you let us know what was said since it was broadcast around noon and it's now 4:45 :grin:

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he was very excited about the WR corps and spoke of how we will adjust to each player's specialty and versatility. he thinks the multiple ways to use our specialty guys is our biggest strength.

also spoke of how solid JR and MF have been in making decisions. Not forcing things and making plays when they present themselves. EXTREMELY happy they are letting the game come to them and not playing outside of themselves, something JR did most always last year.

Also explained how he adapted the wording of the new schemes of the current coaching staff instead of forcing the kids to learn a new scheme per se. they adjusted to the kids to shorten the learning curve which many staffs could/would never be able to do.

He began to speak about Ryan Perrilloux then his cell cut off. lol

ill try to think of some more but that's off the top of my head.

4. JKIII

JKIII Founding Member

I was posting (Last minute) so others could listen...I was basically Jimbo hyping up the O. He went into pretty good detail about the three QBs , Russell's pros from his experience last year...don't remember much if any on Flynn but mentioned Perriloux's work ethic. Very positive coversation with Songy. Jimbo will leave soon to be a Head somewhere but damn glad he stuck around to enjoy the group we have this year. He has a ton of tools this year. He definately knows his sh*t. Herman has lost some weight and has been running much better. Seems his legs have somewhat caught up with his body. He mentioned his work ethic also and how he is a good kid and has a much better shot this year af being able to move quicker with/at opponents. His injury is minor.
    It was about 20 minutes or so ...so too much to mention.

5. batman2

batman2 Founding Member

He also mentioned that Skyler Green should be 100 % by the beginning of the season. Really good interview by Buddy.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Thanks Tirk... and, JKIII, I was being sarcastic on purpose, but thanks for the updates. I like the fact that we can hear Jimbo speak about the team because honestly, he knows the team better than CLM, and I respect what he has to say A LOT more than CLM since he knows the players.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Sounds very good. I just hope Jimbo remembers two things:

1. It's easier to run the ball with a fullback.

2. It's easier to throw touchdown passes if you throw the ball farther downfield towards the endzone.

But hey, he says he's going to open the offense up a little, I believe him. My gosh, how could you not this year, with all the receivers we have?

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

something i noticed last year.. we didnt run alot of slot.. we need to put guys in the slot more often to create mismatches or to force man to man, either way, it helps.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Well, we ran a "slot" everytime we had 3 WR's on the field, so I have to disagree with that. And while it may appear easier to run the football when the fullback is in the game, that is really true only when the other team is expecting a running play and usually in a short yardage situation.

I think with the more experineced talent we have on this team we will see the benefit of other teams being back on their heels a little bit, thus giving us more room to run when we put in 3 and 4 wideouts or use the h-back.

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Slot usually means 2 wideouts, both on the same side.. when you run 3 the defense usually brings in a nickelback... with 2 widouts the defense either moves their corner over or brings up a safety for man 2 man or runs zone.. either way, it creates mismatches...