Les Changing?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerSnarl, Feb 18, 2016.

1. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

tirk likes this.
  2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Sounds like he's changing up spring practice. Not so sure how excited to get about that but I'm going to go with "not very".

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Lets hope he mixes in something different

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'll try to be positive, and it is good to hear him say that but I just can't believe it until I actually see it.

islstl, Richdog, HalloweenRun and 2 others like this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

How many years has it been now that we are going to throw more to the TE's and RB's? Every time Les talks about doing something different on offense I get this weird feeling like I was born in Missouri or something.

LSU Strength, Richdog and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Fool me a million times, shame on me.

cajdav1, islstl, Rouxleaux and 2 others like this.
  7. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I'm hopeful, but we've heard this several times before.....

cajdav1 likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was thinking about starting a thread about this. Our only hope is that Les has the fear of losing his cushy job and has taken recent events as a wakeup call. Since his near firing he has.

1. Gotten rid of Kevin Steele, mediocre at best hire.

2. Replaced Steele with Dave Aranda, a home run hire. Better make the best of his abilities while he is here. Aranda is on the fast track to a head job sooner than later.

3. There were some disappointments leading to the recruiting class not being a consensus #1 but at #2 or '#3 Les still was able to recruit an outstanding group. Not all of the needs were filled at linebacker but under Aranda's system of playing guys where they can do most good instead of running a system no matter what the talent level at the key positions it may work. Look for Arlen Key to play a lot of OLB this year.

4. Actions speak louder than words. We are all holding our breaths to see if there is a philosophical change in our offensive approach. Les has been saying the right words but I'm not holding my breath until I see it on the field.

5. Brandon Harris is a junior. Will the light come on for him? Will he finally adjust to the speed of the college game? Will he be able to throw an accurate short or screen pass? Purdue junior transfer Danny Etling is the wild card we know nothing about but I'll be you $100 to a donut Harris is the starter.

6. Cam Cameron still hasn't gotten or signed a new contract. Will he be back or is something else in the works the way it worked out with Steele's departure and the Arenda hire? Is Cam really a terrible OC? How would we know?

7. For now, I'm going to be optimistic that Les has been struck by a bolt of lightning and has lost all memories of Bo Schembechler. This year he really is coaching for his job.

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I do believe this

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I forgot:

8. Hired Jabbar Jaluke who may be a clone of Frank Wilson as far as recruiting NOLA goes.

lsu-i-like likes this.