LSU Basketball 2021-2022

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

5th in the SEC and made the tourney in worst season is unbelievable. legendary really.

last year, for example, kentucky sucked and didnt make the tournament.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

womens game is significantly less sophisticated in strategy as well. the level of competition is so terrible it doesnt require much talent or strategy or anything really. its incredibly low level in all aspects.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I was impressed how much better they were across the board compared to say, 5 years ago.

Still, always good for a chuckle.

Gotta say though, LSU men missed a ton of point-blank shots, a la WNBA. Men’s offense was putrid this year. Hard to call that anything but bad coaching. We did make up for it on D (at least in the full court).

Also, turns out WW wasn’t quite the recruiter we thought he was, just less bullshit with the payouts (he eliminated the middleman).

Not sure if you share my concern, but I’m afraid Woodward might be making milquetoast hires. Jay Johnson’s squad is inexplicably bad thus far, and BK and the Murray St dude seem kinda square. KM might be the most risqué of the bunch.

I don’t remember if it was here or not, but I called for the replacement of softball and gymnastics coaches; turns out gymnastics coach has been replaced as well.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its not that hard to blame players not executing. if wade is a poor offensive coach, then how did they have such terrific offenses in previous years? its do with play style, which is dictated by the roster, which was severely limited by the injury to miller.

its too bad he didnt simply recruit players that dominate both sides of the floor. altho the wise fan might wonder if its just that easy. you seem to be unaware that players are often good at offense, or defense, but not both. you cant just go recruit 9 kawhi leonards. two way players are rare. eason is good on both sides of the court, which is why he is a first round draft pick. those players are very rare. wade, having a keen eye for talent, identified eason and upgraded him considerably from his role at cincy.

i dunno the exact numbers, but during his time here, wade was probably the winningest coach in the league. top 3 for sure. i know you haters dont like stats that matter, you want to shorten sample sizes as much as possible to fit your sophisticated critical narrative. the wise man uses larger sample sizes and consistency over time to measure performance.

speak for yourself. you are only right when referring to yourself. he was better than you thought he was. he had three 5 stars incoming.

its not inexplicable. great baseball teams lose lots of games. thats how baseball works.

you guys seem to want to shrink sample sizes until they are meaningless, at all times.

i do worry he wont be as eager to illegally pay them as he should be. i kinda think that was the issue with mike white at florida. he couldnt get and/or keep talent because we was shit at paying players.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the gymnastics coach retired, she was old and a legend. not sure your calling for it based on your wise perception of her performance was relevant.

6. lsu-i-like

If you don’t have the talent to score, adjust your scheme so your offense isn’t putrid. If your coach is limited by the talent he recruits, he’s less of a coach and more of a recruiter.

Consistency is only one metric of a good coach. I’m sure you’ve heard “high floor, low ceiling”.

Let me restate, it turns out money is a great recruiter, not WW. He was one of the best at paying players.

Great baseball teams don’t kick the ball all over the park and can actually hit the broad side of a barn.

Definitely think his corruption game isn’t on the level of WW, but now that is legal (with a little creativity required), it might not be as big a deal.

I like that it sounds like he’s an X-O guy, and I hope he can bring in more than just 5-stars. That didn’t work so hot for the SEC in the NCAAT.

7. lsu-i-like

Legendary at losing in the NCAAT. Championships should be the bar for women’s sports.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

mabye you should write wade a letter and explain this to him. then he would have won even more.

not consistency, consistent winning. wade won the SEC in his second year.
    it doesnt "turn out" that this is the case. you have to show me that wade paid more than other coaches, and discount everything i have heard from recruits.

does wade pay more than kentucky or bama or arkansas? you dont know do you. you are talking nonsense.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

all teams except maybe the USA olympic team are limited by their talent.

the sample size is way too small to draw conclusions

10. lsu-i-like

WW cut out the middle-man; I’m sure recruits appreciated that.