LSU vs UT

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

was meant to be more calling him out for calling Ole Miss and Alabama “dominant” in baseball.

2. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Calling me out? I’ll defer to the record-keepers like yourself. Frankly I don’t care. I’m simply saying Manieri can’t put a dominant force on the baseball field. Just my opinion. When has LSU truly just gone out and dominated the hell out of an SEC team? Before you give me an exact date and game and “call me out...” it’s not much. I don’t have the stats you likely do, just seems bloody inconsistent to me.

shane0911 and Buzz69 like this.
  3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

what is a dominant force in your opinion?

if Ole Miss or Alabama at any point in history is your definition, then we are something well above that. and have been. for going on 3 decades now.

Ole Miss on their best day is pretty much equal to what will get Paul run out of town here.

Alabama hasn’t even been good in these kid’s lifetimes, let alone “dominant”.

4. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Let me just put that Alabama/Ole Miss thing aside. You win. I have been a fan of LSU athletics for almost 50 years. I’ll not defend my case since my argument requires harkening back to get proof. So, here it is...Manieri is not a great coach, good - maybe. I put up with, and even defended Miles back in that day. Until...someone in the right position finally had enough. That’s where I am now. I don’t think Manieri is all that good. Again, just opinion.

TCUTiger likes this.
  5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

and i don’t disagree with you on that one.

the entire reason i even commented is because i read/hear from lots of “fans” that quite obviously do not follow the sport other than maybe read a headline or two now and then. But just want to jump on the coach bashing bandwagon.

I do apologize for insinuating you fell into this group, but choosing those two teams made it seem like you did.

6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

No apology necessary. I get the reaction. Been with LSU through thick and thin. No abandoning here or throwing out useless barbs about these various college-aged sports phenoms. Coaches on the other hand..?
    Cheers to you!

kcal and Nutriaitch like this.
  7. msully

msully Founding Member

Miles won games

8. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

I'll admit up front that I don't follow baseball that closely. But, aren't we a pretty young team across the board?

9. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

PM cant and does not managing pitching. 17 hits in a game and lose.
    Never been a fan, the end.

shane0911 and BayouBengal014 like this.
  10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

very young.
    most of this lineup is seeing SEC pitching for the first time in their careers.
    Milazzo, Morgan, Arnold, Thompson, Doughty, Crews, Drost, Cranford, Sanford, Stafford, Travinski are getting their first taste of SEC ball.

this also the first time the following pitchers have ever faced SEC bats
    Jaden Hill, Alex Brady, Jacob Hasty, Javen Coleman, Ty Floyd, Garrett Edwards, Blake Money, Will Hellmers, Theo Millas

Buzz69 likes this.