Mauk is out it looks like Randall is the Man

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Oct 14, 2002.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

The only reason I am posting this is because I have seen the info on other sites. I was told that Mauck is out this week as QB and Randall is the Starter. Other sites have said no break in the foot but I have been told it is a Ligament.

Isnt this just great Matt Mauck has put up with a lot of BS from me and from others. The guy goes out and Beats Florida and shows that he can be a BIG TIME QB and look what happens. I just want to say to all LSU fans Matt Mauck just wins I hope Randall can too.

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF

2. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I hope I am wrong

I sure do hope that the Mauck does the stress test at the end of the week and is OK. But I believe that Saban said in Morning News Conferense that he is in a cast and they will know more in the middle of the week.

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Please tell me you are shi**ing me.

I am praying this is not true..

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news/ap/20021014/ap-lsu-mauck.html

Mauck's foot in cast; Randall may have to step up
    By MARY FOSTER
    AP Sports Writer
    October 14, 2002

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) -- LSU quarterback Matt Mauck's right foot is in a cast, and it is unclear whether he will play this week against South Carolina.

Mauck was injured about midway through the fourth quarter of the Tigers' 36-7 victory over Florida on Saturday when he was tackled from behind. He stayed in the game, but coach Nick Saban said Monday the injury got progressively worse.

``The guy tackled him and then rolled over on his foot,'' Saban said.

X-rays showed no break, though more will be taken because of swelling in the foot. Further evaluation will be done Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, Saban said.

If Mauck can't practice by Thursday, he probably will not play Saturday against South Carolina, and backup quarterback Marcus Randall would direct the Tigers' offense.

Randall and Mauck were expected to be in a tight competition for the starting job until Randall injured his knee in the spring. The two are roommates, and Randall said Mauck has given him advice on what to do if he plays Saturday.

``Me and Matt basically have almost the same style of play,'' Randall said. ``So the gameplan's not really going to change that much. We're still going to run the ball, do our quarterback draws, bootlegs and play-action passes. The offense is going to still stay the same.''

Teammates are confident in Randall.

``Marcus is a great leader,'' offensive lineman Rodney Reed said. ``And they bring the same type of attributes as far as strong arm and fairly mobile quarterback. So I don't think we'll have to change our scheme too much.''

5. whaleofacock

whaleofacock Founding Member

I hate to hear that. I don't wish injuries on anybody. I hope he heals fast and can play on Saturday. As I hope we can heal some of our players in time for Saturday's game. It looks to be a good game regardless. I just hope the game on Saturday is injury free for both squads and let the best team win.

GO COCKS!!!

6. IslandGator

IslandGator Freshman

Hate to hear this

Mauk could play on my team anyday. He looked a little shakey at times passing the ball but he certainly looked like he had no fear. I was afraid he had hurt himself badly on one play but I thought he was fine when he came back in. Hate it when any player gets hurt. And coming off (I assume) the biggest victory of his life. Get well soon!

7. SouthernCock

SouthernCock Freshman

gamecocks

I hate to hear new like this guys. You hate it for the kid, and as a fan of any school, you always want to see the best competition line it up. Sounds like if he can't go, thats really going to limit what you guys can do on offense. I'm sure your great O-line will test our D-line early. We also have some injuries to our D-line. However, look for Langston Moore (57) and George Gause (99) on the defensive line. They are playing about as well as anyone on our team, especially Moore. We, in our biased opinions of course, think that he is the best DL in the conference this year. Should be an interesting matchup to watch him go against your Center and Guard.

Geaux Cocks!