New Assistants

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Jan 1, 2022.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

MJ overrated. Some folks seem excited at the prospect of Hankton, but I think it is more from a recruiting perspective.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I didn't like losing MJ, but it was more for his ability to recruit New Orleans than his actual coaching. Let's not forget, MJ was receivers coach in 2018, and they were a pretty inconsistent group. In 2019, practically that same group became maybe the greatest trio of WR's college football has ever seen. But that's when Joe Brady came in with his "summer of 10,000 catches" program. I remember in more than a few games in '20 where people on this board were wondering if that program had been retained, because the inconsistencies in catching the ball were popping up again. Brady gone, Joseph still here.

Herb, kcal and Winston1 like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I think there is more to MJ leaving. I think he may have gotten complacent maybe because he was not promoted and maybe didn't do his job better because of that. All I know about this Hankston guy is he is from NOLA which is a positive.

4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

If it is true about the number of academic failures for bowl game, maybe a complete reset is due?

shane0911 likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Cortez Hankton will be out WR coach Tuesday Jan 11.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I think it is. For example at first I wanted CBK to keep the top recruiting assistants and Austin Thomas. But as @kcal pointed out rooster management was Austin's responsibility and that may be our biggest problem. And I love Cory's recruiting and NFL production - but how many times in the last two years have we seen wide open busts in coverage. .

I'm not saying the roster and coverage busts are all their fault, but they are connected. And the culture and bad team chemistry that has developed the last two years is a cancer. I think the best course is to cut it out; not try to treat it. So now I'm down with the purge.

TBTrumpet, MobileBengal and Winston1 like this.
  7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I’m guessing that Trey Palmer disagrees with you since he decided to follow Joseph to Nebraska.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    TCUTiger likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Herb, mctiger, Hou-duco and 1 other person like this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate